Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon phone on Alltel account

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (both, currently)
    Feedback Score
    I just activated a BB Storm on my Alltel account. All the BB settings are active on the Alltel side of things (using my Alltel BB account), has the Alltel PRL loaded, and all that good stuff.

The only issue I have right now is EVDO isn't working (1x works fine) but thats a programming lock that i just need to find my way around. I'll figure it out. Once I can get the programming to recognize the changed MIP setting it'll get EVDO REV-A too.

D.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well if you get it working then I'll do it. Thanks for all the help mentioned in this thread.
    3 years w/ palm > 3 years w/ WM Pro > 3 month w/ iPhone......back to WM,,,,, WM wins!

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digitard
    I just activated a BB Storm on my Alltel account. All the BB settings are active on the Alltel side of things (using my Alltel BB account), has the Alltel PRL loaded, and all that good stuff.

The only issue I have right now is EVDO isn't working (1x works fine) but thats a programming lock that i just need to find my way around. I'll figure it out. Once I can get the programming to recognize the changed MIP setting it'll get EVDO REV-A too.

D.

What did you do for the service books?
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdebb
    then i was lied to then. I thought we kept a database (or the tool I use I thought was the "database" of phones branded alltel). i do know a rep takes the chance of filing for unemployment activating non-alltel phones

I don't doubt that it may be frowned upon. I suppose it helps to get to know the reps in your local store. There are 3 reps in my store. I have known one personally for over 10 years, and have gotten to know the other two very well from just being there frequently. And the manager offered me a part-time position, but it just wouldn't work well with my full-time job schedule. Otherwise, I'd be all over it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662
    What did you do for the service books?
    They pushed fine, as I changed the BB info to reference Alltel's BB account. To be safe though simply backup your service books on your existing BB (if you ahve one) and restore post activation. I did it with mine post activation (Restored my Curve SB) and it works great.

MMS works
    Browser works
    @alltel.blackberry.com email works
    GPS w/ BB Maps works (w/o a hack) and Google maps.

Only thing that doesn't work is EVDO. Thats something i'm working with someone on.

2 reasons it doesn't work:
    1) VZN username is hard coded for MIP. (FIXED)
    - Fix: Use QPST to change the hard coded info, and rewrite to the phone.

2) VZN uses a different DMU MN AUTH than Alltel. Working on that one, and once thats resolved it should work.

D.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    They pushed fine, as I changed the BB info to reference Alltel's BB account. To be safe though simply backup your service books on your existing BB (if you ahve one) and restore post activation. I did it with mine post activation (Restored my Curve SB) and it works great.

MMS works
    Browser works

Only thing that doesn't work is EVDO. Thats something i'm working with someone on.

2) VZN uses a different DMU MN AUTH than Alltel. Working on that one, and once thats resolved it should work.

D.
    Oh, I'm not the one trying to do this, but just wondering about the service books. Good to know for the future, though. I haven't even had the chance to check out the Storm yet. How do you like it? The SureClick screen?

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

MMS works
    Browser works

D.

Thats awesome thanks for the report......... Hmmmm,,,, decisions decisions..

Feedback Score

voyager to Alltel Service

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey, I just saw this post. If you end up getting a Verizon phone I can help you out with changing it to Alltel. I just did my Voyager manually, had to change lots of stuff like ESN which I can't mention here. Also had to fix the Service Required message. Just PM me whenever you get it. Oh, and if you see a Voyager for around $80 (can have bad ESN or Service Required), please, do tell me.
    Hello, I have just purchased a Voyager and need it changed to my Alltel account. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Feedback Score

slh1169

Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj
    If the phone is unlocked and you can get into the phone's Service Programming Menu, try setting the MDN and MIN to those of your Alltel phone. This may cause the Verizon phone to "roam" on the Alltel network. Texting and calling in/out should work. You may have to do additional stuff to get MMS (picture messsaging), WAP (surfing Internet on the phone) and other features to work on the Alltel network.
    I have alltel account with a verizon phone. The text sms messenging works but the picture text doesnt work. I need to know what other stuff you have to do to get it to work. I dont want the internet on my phone just the mms messenging. I have a 650 palm treo. thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slh1169
    I have alltel account with a verizon phone. The text sms messenging works but the picture text doesnt work. I need to know what other stuff you have to do to get it to work. I dont want the internet on my phone just the mms messenging. I have a 650 palm treo. thanks
    It wont work. The Treo 650 did not support MMS on Alltel's network. The TREO 700WX could be modified using a 3rd party program to make it work, inserting the correct values, but I'm not aware of anything using the PALM OS working.

Sorry.

Feedback Score
    I have an Alltel account and a friend wants me to buy his LG dare for $40. does anyone know if it will work for me. Reading the posts above just confuse me because I have no idea what all the abbreviations are. I'm not too knowledgeable with phones. Any help would be appreciated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you're not too knowledgeable with phones, or tech savvy cause you'll have to do some editing of items to get them working right, I'd say that the MMS (picture messaging, etc)/Data services wont work right.

Generally, for most phones, you can use 3rd party software to go in and modify a few programming fields to get the right username/password/server info to get data services running and MMS on a lot of phones. But, that's going to require you to go in and modify items. A few phones you can even get away with just changing the info in the regular programming.

If you're not comfortable doing that, though, your best bet is to just stay w/ the Alltel designed phones.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably just stick with my Alltel phone.

Feedback Score

I Need Help

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey, I just saw this post. If you end up getting a Verizon phone I can help you out with changing it to Alltel. I just did my Voyager manually, had to change lots of stuff like ESN which I can't mention here. Also had to fix the Service Required message. Just PM me whenever you get it. Oh, and if you see a Voyager for around $80 (can have bad ESN or Service Required), please, do tell me.

I wanted to know what information I needed besides the MIN, MDN, and the SID? I have tried everything to get the mms and internet to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by talayahill
    I wanted to know what information I needed besides the MIN, MDN, and the SID? I have tried everything to get the mms and internet to work.
    For that you have to change the data connection info to utilize Alltel's username and not verizon's.

By default the phone is going to try to connect to [email protected] (or whatever their's is) and Alltel's system is looking for [email protected]

That has to be changed in any 3rd party phone to get it to authenticate on Alltel's data network.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast