View Poll Results: What's good about N-gage service?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better graphics and sound than non N-Gage advanced3D enabled devices

2 13.33%
  • longer gameplay than non N-Gage advanced3D enabled devices

0 0%
  • option 1 and 2 and many more features than non N-Gage advanced3D enabled devices

4 26.67%
  • it's the same as any advanced 3d phone

9 60.00%

Thread: whats so good about N-Gage?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5230, 6630 SE k800i, w910i, w595
    Feedback Score

whats so good about N-Gage?

i just want to know what's so good about N-gage service? apparently nokia thinks it's the best type of gaming, but i cant see what n-gage has to offer against slightly old 3d phones such as nokia 6630, or sony ericsson w910i (which isn't even symbian).

do n-gage versions have better graphics or something?

can someone post some comparison screenshots?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    None of the options. My iPhone 3G absolutely beats N-Gage into a pulp in comparison.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrochester
    None of the options. My iPhone 3G absolutely beats N-Gage into a pulp in comparison.
    agreed...one of the reasons I keep an iPhone around.

i don't care for n-gage at all.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i dont follow nokias... so when i saw this i thought about the old ngage nokia phone... the one that looked like a game boy, i had no idea the nseries was called the ngage haha.
    woooo, im out of the loop haha
    vote on the guitar pick design please...http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1499632

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    this is awkward lol, iphone users answering n-gage stuff lol. i was hoping answers from nokia ppl. n-gage is now a software available for a few latest nokias. obviously iphone is better, i didn't really want your help :-P i meant phones not whatever iphone is :-P iphone is a mutant :-P

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daaceking
    this is awkward lol, iphone users answering n-gage stuff lol. i was hoping answers from nokia ppl. n-gage is now a software available for a few latest nokias. obviously iphone is better, i didn't really want your help :-P i meant phones not whatever iphone is :-P iphone is a mutant :-P
    if you'd look at my phone list i have plenty of nokias with plenty of ngage experience. I have a N95 8GB, N85, Nokia 5800, and N81 sitting in my office drawer next to me. I'm a Nokia guy at heart, but I'm not really all that impressed with n-gage or the offerings that they have. hopefully the Ovi store will provide some games that take advantage of the potential of phones such as the N95.

i was just reaffirming your point in your original post that N-gage doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary.

and I may be an iPhone owner, but I'm not necessarily an iPhone user. i don't use it for much more than an iPod touch these days.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    so is n-gage not that special? because apparently, in 2010, they were gonna team up with fishlabs and make some of their games even higher quality for n-gage. i usually buy nokia, but my latest is a sony ericsson, and only the n-gage service persuaded me into a high end fone. (although i was thinking of the "iphone killer" n97)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daaceking
    so is n-gage not that special? because apparently, in 2010, they were gonna team up with fishlabs and make some of their games even higher quality for n-gage. i usually buy nokia, but my latest is a sony ericsson, and only the n-gage service persuaded me into a high end fone. (although i was thinking of the "iphone killer" n97)
    i'm not sure what direction nokia is going with n-gage. some of the guys who use it here more and follow it more may chime in here, but with the ovi store coming and supposedly going to be nokia's version of the iPhone app store, i'm not sure how they will work the n-gage platform.

which SE phone are you using now? I'm having trouble finding games for the xperia. Can't wait till the n97 comes out. the Xperia will be for sale as soon as i get one.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    im using w910i, if you get a normal phone then its easy to get games but if you use the few large vga screen ones, usually touch, then i imagine there's less games but better because touch.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    N-Gage is fine for passing the time, but I prefer gaming on my DS

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 - Nights & Weekends
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    one thing you can't forget is the online ranking system. it's like a huge arcade, and many die hard gamers love that they can upload their scores and compare them with players all over the world.
    N97Fanatics.com - Want to optimize your smartphone? Find tips, tricks, themes, apps, and accessories.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I don't really see much of anything from N-Gage other than portrait mode gaming, but depending on the handset certain games are unplayable.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    N95 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Tim
    Feedback Score
    Only non senses here. N-gage has the best games, with possibility to play online.

And iPhone gaming... please... don't spend me... Playing Asphalt with acelerometer? How do you expect to play Fifa with Touch? Or a fight game? No thanks... I'm staying with N95...
    Python Playing...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernandez88
    Only non senses here. N-gage has the best games, with possibility to play online.

And iPhone gaming... please... don't spend me... Playing Asphalt with acelerometer? How do you expect to play Fifa with Touch? Or a fight game? No thanks... I'm staying with N95...
    Great analysis!

OK any Games to recommend for a 3yr recovering gamer that has missed any & ALL gaming for that time?

btw, you can upgrade to the N85 or N86 even without hardware video acceleration its pretty hot!
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Feedback Score
    i dont follow ngage... so when i saw this i thought about the nokia or sony ericson phone... the one that looked good and easy functionality, i had no idea the ngage phone ........................