Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nextel History Lesson.....

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    R.I.P. Nextel 1993-2005
    Feedback Score
    now its all about having the latest PDA and everyone is scared to take a screwdriver to their phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Now it's moved to Blackberries. Look at the Blackberry forums, people are changing their housings, custom themes, colored trackballs, etc. Looks like they picked up where Nextel left off (except for the LED mods).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTrafficMan
    not to be rude but ive seen that same phone modded the same way many times... it was nothing special

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    R.I.P. Nextel 1993-2005
    Feedback Score
    ^ that junk is hot! I had my i730 tricked out like that, would have kept that phone a lot longer but the new phones had MMS, which was the heat at the time.

I tried to find housings for my Blackberry 7100i before I switched from nextel but there was not many up here.

Feedback Score
    I go back to the i1000plus and i500plus

good times

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just started to look at this forum within the last few months after going on a several-year hiatus...

reading this forum does remind me of those old days. what happened to that moderator, lobo or something? i remember the nextel forum had the most activity going on back then. probably because we were the most active in modding our handsets. i never got into the exterior case modding, just changing my i730's lights and using free WAP.

but looking back, i can't say i liked nextel so much.

the coverage wasn't that great (washington dc/metro area), and the phones were friggin huge. i never used direct connect because none of my friends had it. why not just call them? what's the point of dc? makes u feel like u're talking on walkie talkies, not to mention look like a total tool. their marketing even targeted the "urban" crowd.

i remember new york city having the biggest concentration of nextel users. i heard the 'chirp' everywhere i went. how friggin annoying. glad those days are gone...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i started with the i95 and then moved to the i730 as soon as it came out, i went through several of the 730's actually. after that the i860 my first one was the best one but it stopped charging after about a year, then i went on a string of replacements (probably 6-7 over the course of a year) that all just were not very good. i then switched to the i880. the i880 was the last of my nextel's i finally got sick of waiting so long to send and receive texts...and that was if they didnt get lost for a couple hours (or days in some cases) not to mention how long it took to download a picture message, and switched to a blackberry tour on the everything data with any mobile any time.

i remember when the nextel forums here were the busiest ones on HOFO and everyone was sharing info on the webjal and code plugs. now that i think about it i dont understand why it was so hard to put custom wallpaper and ringtones when all the others were so easy and we are using hacked version and getting banned for posting links to the webjal loadeds.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Great thread!!!!

I almost forgot about doing a lot of these mods myself.. My first Nextel was an i600 (still have it!!) then the i1000, i700+, i95cl (my fav) i860, i870... i know i am missing some in that list!

I also miss the good ol' days! I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have to drop 500 dollars to get on Nextel. It was like an exclusive club to get into. Now with what Sprint did they can't give the phones away!

I remember when I saw on the news that Sprint was going to buy Nextel. I cried. I only last year went from iDEN to CDMA (needed fast data more than DC since a lot of my friends no longer have DC). I still do miss the call quality of iDEN

--edited to add phones I had--

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    t Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wow...
    havent been on hofo in like 2 years lol

i cant even find old pics of my phone

AIM - I Am Danimsta
    Email - Danimsta (at) gmail.com

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Damn man, it certainly has been a while! Good to see you back, even if it is just to check in!

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    R.I.P. Nextel 1993-2005
    Feedback Score
    I did my phones in blue because I was scared to mess up the boards changing leds, looking back I should have made at least one red or green one.

Device(s)
    I530 I730 I880 I570 IC502 samsung
    Feedback Score
    I remember getting my first nextel i530 2 years before sprint bought them and used it as a data modem on an old laptop because they had the fastest data at the time and the call quality was so clear you could hear a pin drop (pun intended) because after sprint bought them it sucked almost instantly calls dropped, static, just sucks why couldnt Nextel just not have sold out to **** Ahhh i mean Sprint

Device(s)
    I530 I730 I880 I570 IC502 samsung
    Feedback Score
    The dots said S*H*I*T*

Device(s)
    gzone boulder (orange) pageplus
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs family plan $25 unlimited talk and text + $35 unlimited talk text and 250mb 4g
    Feedback Score
    i found a few of my dads old nextels they arent modded but even though i was a littel kid (elementry school) nextel was the best back then he had an old 1000plus that he gave to me back then that i had for like a year and it was like the best thing ever to me, i also foind his old i550 , those things were like bricks, big and heavy but almost inbreakable

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by factory81
    I go back to the i1000plus and i500plus

good times
    I hear ya man!! If Sprint didn't dump WiDEN I'd still be pimpin my modded i1000!!!

I really miss that phone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast