Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OWA on iPhone?

Feedback Score

OWA on iPhone?

Is there a way to set up the iPhone to pull e-mail directly from an OWA account? Like there are programs such as System Seven that install on other smartphones but not the iPhone (yet). Can anything in the iPhone do this? Keep in mind, I am not trying to set up full exchange where contacts and calendar are synced.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure of the purpose since the iPhone syncs with the Exchange server perfectly on its own.

You can always use Safari to log into your OWA account.

Feedback Score
    Okay lets try again. My organization doesn't allow outside devices to synchronize with the exchange server unless the device comes from them. I access my mail through an OWA Portal URL. I have a BlackBerry and was able to log into the BIS website and tell it that I go to "mail.organization.com" to access my mail and my User ID is "User ID" and my password is "Password" and it was able to successfully synchronize to my OWA Webmail account. I am looking for a way for the iPhone to do that. System Seven does the same thing, you type in the portal, domain, user ID and password and it connects for e-mail only to OWA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4G 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ok, sorry I don't have an answer.

As a separate question (I am a network admin) why does your organization not allow you to sync with your iPhone yet they give you full access to OWA (which gives you full access to your account) or even let your Blackberry sync through their web account? I guess I just not sure of the security risk if you have full access otherwise. Oh well, just thinking out loud.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8gb (2.5G)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by givmeabrek
    Ok, sorry I don't have an answer.

As a separate question (I am a network admin) why does your organization not allow you to sync with your iPhone yet they give you full access to OWA (which gives you full access to your account) or even let your Blackberry sync through their web account? I guess I just not sure of the security risk if you have full access otherwise. Oh well, just thinking out loud.

They probably don't want to support external/personal devices...understandable actually.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G[S]
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I have found that seems to work is using synchronica. While it's not perfect it does get the job done.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have tried this before at my company, of which I am the IT guy and the iPhone for some reason does not want to let it happen. I don't know what Apple has done but I cannot successfully connect to our server using any OWA type of connection or even IMAP.

On the other hand we do have several Blackberry's that use this method and they all connect and work fine. I think Apple just handles this poorly if a BB can get running with almost no configuration and pull mail off the server but the iPhone cannot.

Our server isn't specifically set up for BB's either.
    --> MY CELL PHONE HISTORY <-- (not up to date)
    --> MY HOFO FEEDBACK <--

Proud AT&T subscriber since 5/19/2000

Feedback Score
    I am successfully syncing my iPhone over SSL OWA without a problem, syncing mail, calendar and contacts, i setup as an exchange server then enter in www.owa.XXX.com and login / password
    Can I Jailbreak ? Can I Unlock ? Check the #1 reference chart in the world. The Jailbreak Matrix

So now I'm Jailbroken, now what ? Now we add Cydia sources and start installing FREE apps.
    Check out the biggest online Cydia sources list here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii
    I am successfully syncing my iPhone over SSL OWA without a problem, syncing mail, calendar and contacts, i setup as an exchange server then enter in www.owa.XXX.com and login / password
    Would you mind giving me step by step instructions on how you did this?

Feedback Score
    i will soon as i get home, iphone was left on and dead atm

Feedback Score
    Using the port number I was able to login in OWA. Example www.abc.com:443

Feedback Score
    So can anyone walk me through this?

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    An OWA account, is an exchange account. Exchange accounts can be accessed via IMAP, POP3, OMA, OWA, ActiveSync, or Exchange via RPC over HTTPS. I'm not familiar with activesync clients connecting to exchange via OWA (though it might in some weird technical way). Contact your IT people to see what methods are supported.

Quote Originally Posted by gk0820
    DId you try https://www.abc.com instead of adding the port number at the end? https is SSL and defaults to port 443.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaman12
    Okay lets try again. My organization doesn't allow outside devices to synchronize with the exchange server unless the device comes from them. I access my mail through an OWA Portal URL. I have a BlackBerry and was able to log into the BIS website and tell it that I go to "mail.organization.com" to access my mail and my User ID is "User ID" and my password is "Password" and it was able to successfully synchronize to my OWA Webmail account. I am looking for a way for the iPhone to do that. System Seven does the same thing, you type in the portal, domain, user ID and password and it connects for e-mail only to OWA.
    In your iphone, you can just try setting up an exchange account. Try using the mail.organization.com as the server, make sure your user name includes the domain, and try it with and without SSL.

If that fails, try setting up imap and pop3, using the same information, with and without SSL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gk0820

Here is my exact setup I am using with exchange account.

Email: [email protected]

Server: www.webmail.xxxxxxxx.com:443

Domain:

Username: xxxxxxxxx

Password: xxxxxxxxx

Use SSL: ON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast