Thread: How do you like you Palm Treo PRO keyboard and battery life?

Feedback Score

How do you like you Palm Treo PRO keyboard and battery life?

Just curious as to what you're thinking now that you bought one, or more.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The keyboard takes a little getting used to. I came from a Moto Q9h, which had a phenomenal keyboard. The keys on the Treo Pro are smaller and closer together and can be difficult to type on if you have larger fingers. The battery life has been fine for me - I always have 50-60% of the battery left at the end of the day. I usually charge it every night anyway.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well ive always loved the treo keyboards! ALL of them.. The pro isnt any different, although i can see someone with big fingers have a little bit of trouble.. But for small fingers its a dream..

Battery life SUCKED!!when i got it the day it came out.. full charge would last half the day, returned it with this problem and i didnt get any fight ,they said sure heres a new one.. And now my battery life is much much better, going home with 10% left on the battery.. and this is email, texts, songs, and just playing with the phone..
    Fast AzZ Fast Can B !!

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    keyboard is a little too tight- motoq kb was better- battery life seems similar to other smartphones. I keep a spare battery and charger/stand in my office and a spare battery in my car. I am always online with exchange and use the garmin often enough to drain the battery. Also slingplayer sucks up the battery.

nice phone. i am enjoying it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 {{wish list}}
    Carrier(s)
    The Now Network
    Feedback Score
    The battery is just fine for me...But then again I only use it for emails,web browser,sms sprint friends...The keyboard is tight but cool...I love the gel-like feel of the buttons...Its my first palm treo...Once I heard htc was involved...That closed the deal...

For me battery life is great...car charger on stand by...
    Keyboard is cool...I can operate w/ one hand if need be...
    "One of many that controls the world from a Blackberry. But you'll never know because the facts are buried." by Anonymous

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just bought it today - so far, I like it MUCH better then the Omnia I owned for a max of 8 hours.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey I just switched from the touch pro and its been about 2 days and I still havent decided if I like it. I read alot of reviews about the Palm Pro and everyone said that even though there is less RAM, the programs load quickly, I think they load the same speed as the Touch Pro. The keyboard is a big change from the Touch Pro. I guess you just get use to it. The battery life on my Palm Pro is horrible. I dont know why, I dont run tom any programs, but by the end of the day i am in the 30s. Also the memorey usage indicator is always high. When I turn the phone on, I am already at 50% and gradualy throughout the day I rise to 79-85% w/ no literally nothing running in the background. On the Touch Pro I could run alot of programs and not even make it to 65%.
    ..Audentes fortuna iuvat...

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I thought that I wouldn't like the keyboard compared to the 800w's, and even though it's not as nice, it didn't take much time to get used to it. I have hammy fingers but don't have trouble with one-handed typing. As for battery life, it's been pretty good for me, especially after doing a few battery saving tweaks and now that Keylight is available for the Treo Pro (the CAB is in the second post). Note that he says it's only been tested on the Sprint Treo Pro, but I would imaging it'll work on the GSM as well. I've yet to run into any memory problems with it. I do still kinda miss the softkey buttons, but I'm getting used to the touch ones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128 Gb, iPad Pro 12.9 128 Gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    With regards to free memory.... I used to be worried horribly with my winmo devices and how much memory was free, but then I spoke to an actual Microsoft programmer who works on the mobile devices and learned that the OS is designed to auto handle free memory. Any free memory is just using power anyway - the device doesn't run any faster if you have 50 megs free, than if you have 5 megs free and if you go down too low, the OS will handle the memory and close down the least used and less priority apps (ordered by when you used them last) acting just like an actual program exit. So you never actually have to shut down running apps at all. People dont realize this though and get so hung up on free memory. The OS was designed for apps not to be shut down... it actually runs faster that way because most used apps are still loaded in the background.

Having said that.... I usually have about 30 megs free at any given time so far on the Treo pro and I have a ton of today plugins running including an RSS feed that constantly updates and weather.

As for the keyboard, I am a girl, and have small hands so I can type just fine on it Better in fact, than my recently retired BB storm. Battery life seems great though I only had it for about 24 hours. I played with it quite a bit today and from full charge this morning, it's after supper now, and I have 65% left, so I don't doubt the possibility of a 2 day charge.

So far I like this phone! My first Treo, but probably my 15th or so Pocket PC over the years lol.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9n NAPOLEON
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanVS
    I just bought it today - so far, I like it MUCH better then the Omnia I owned for a max of 8 hours.
    you sound like me. bought an omnia on craigslist and sold it a week later (actually made profit too) my tp should be here wednesday!
    Cell Phones, Its An Addiction

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    While I love the TP's battery - usually 16 hours to drop 80% - I may have to switch to the Diamond or Touch Pro ... mainly because most my programs don't work 'properly' on the Treo Pro, since they don't scale.

Feedback Score
    what do you mean scales? I am buying a treo pro in the next day or so?
    I cant afford to buy the wrong phone for the next year.
    I need to do on line classes and would like to watch tv and radio while out on the boat.

Device(s)
    At&t 3G Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You just have to look for programs that support square screen qvga. Most WinMo phones aren't square, so some older apps don't run properly on the square screens, but after the Treo 700 series, a lot of developers have added support for square screens.

So if you have a "must have" app, check its compatibility for square screens.

Feedback Score
    battery life was less than my old 700. I bought an extra battery and have to switch out for the charged one at the end of the day some times.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Feedback Score
    I just got my Treo Pro recently. I think the 1~2 day's battery life is short to me. But if you turn off the phone and internet connection at night, it may help a little.