Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMS not working on my new cricket motorola VE240

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

MMS not working on my new cricket motorola VE240

Bought the motorola ve240 from mycricket.com, received it yesterday with a texas phone number for some reason. I called cricket they gave me a new Chicago number, we reprogrammed and refreshed the phone everything works except, no one can send me a mms message.

I have a t-mobile phone i can send text to the cricket phone no problem but when i try to send a mms message it wont go through. My sis has a T-mobile phone different account same problem. My friend she has an AT&T same problem, My other friend has a sprint phone same problem. I can send out text and mms to any carrier and anyone can send me a regular text but no one can send a mms to me. An mms from any carrier will not get sent, screen will say "unable to send" or simply an "X" like from by blackberry meaning it did not get sent. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    moto x (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    call care. more than likely your friends will need to call their carriers, it sounds like the problem is on their end

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so, that would be odd that all carriers can not mms me. In the corporate store I mms text from my tmo bb 8900 and the in store phone did receive the pix mms message.

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yesterday i was able to email to [email protected] now i cant

his message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    its recipients. The following addresses failed:

<##########@mms.mycricket.com>

SMTP error from remote server after transfer of mail text:
    host mms.mycricket.com[64.20.208.41]:
    550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Feedback Score
    It's hard to understand your situation, are you saying their phones displayed the error? If they did, it's usually because they are having issues, only exception is if your number may be registering as a non-mobile number for some odd reason (some phones will receive errors for trying to send to landline)

Device(s)
    moto x (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    look. you said that the message was unable to leave the originating device. att/verizon/tmobile/whatever rejected the message from being sent. that is an att/verizon/tmobile/whatever problem, not a cricket problem.
    @tony, if it is a problem with the originating carrier not recognizing it as a mobile number then again the problem is with the originating carrier as well and an issue that should be taken up with them by their customers

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok they fixed the #@mms.mycricket.com it works only from regular email accounts, but still no carrier can send me an mms message to my # only regular text

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycortes
    It's hard to understand your situation, are you saying their phones displayed the error? If they did, it's usually because they are having issues, only exception is if your number may be registering as a non-mobile number for some odd reason (some phones will receive errors for trying to send to landline)
    I think thats the problem because its odd that all carriers have the same issue. I mms another cricket phone from my tmo without any issues.

How do they fix this issue?

Feedback Score
    Why don't you post the settings that are in the phone and please tell me what error the senders are receiving, exact words and if its a message reply containing the error or a phone prompt.

Device(s)
    moto x (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dj2big
    I think thats the problem because its odd that all carriers have the same issue. I mms another cricket phone from my tmo without any issues.

How do they fix this issue?
    i think its odd that we told you what you needed to do but you continue to post here instead of following the two possible courses of action presented to you.

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have you called Cricket's Customer Service to ask what the issue may be? We know the following based on your posts:

- Your phone is capable of receiving MMS messages (you can email them to yourself)
    - Cricket is capable of receiving MMS messages (someone that you know on Cricket is not having this issue)

Doesn't seem to add up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dj2big
    Ok they fixed the #@mms.mycricket.com it works only from regular email accounts, but still no carrier can send me an mms message to my # only regular text
    Call blackberry tech support. They will help fix it.

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is not my blackberry, it is not all the carriers having the issue, its cricket. I send a mms message to any cricket phone from my bb all my friends receive my mms from my blackberry they all can send me a mms to my blackberry, NO ONE CAN SEND ME AN MMS FROM ANY CARRIER TO MY CRICKET PHONE! That is an issue with cricket! If cricket does not fix the problem I can care less about there return policy, I will call my credit card company and retract all charges, unlike people that get cricket because they can't get a phone anywhere else I am only trying there service before I port and so far everything is great except the mms. If they fix the mms problem I more than likely will test the service for a good 3 months before I port all 5 numbers i have. MY only reason for porting will be to save money!

Feedback Score
    instead of pontificating and making pointless threats on a public forum, why dont you go into a corp store and ask someone to refresh your account? Take a non cricket phone that cant currently send to you with for demonstration purposes.
    This forum is not populated by cricket technical people whose purpose is to fix you problem. You have been given advice in numerous posts including this one. Why not try acting on some of it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razor
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I thought to receive MMS messages your phone had to be a camera phone. The VE240 isn't a camera phone. I might be wrong on that. But I did read that somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast