Thread: palm treo 700w trying to flash to metropcs

Feedback Score

palm treo 700w trying to flash to metropcs

i have tried everything i can but i cant get any programs to read my phone bitpim,qpst or cdma, workshop any help is appreciated

Device(s)
    i930 (for sale)
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, I've been researching the same thing lately... turns out you can only use a serial cable to program it (or a modified usb cable with a certain chip). I'd take a look around the Cricket forums for more info, one guy sells a modified usb cable for $75 (although a google search finds several cheaper serial cables).
    Looking to buy something online? Try getaproduct.com

Would still be interested in selling my Motorola i930. Not in the best condition (outside lcd screen doesn't work, spring to flip the phone shut won't click closed anymore) - but hey, that just means I'd sell it for less . Unlocked and decerted, of course . PM me if interested.

Device(s)
    Trēo 755p (Sprint, flashed to Cricket)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    ;^) The fellow you want is RandomWit. He wrote a tutorial all about flashing Trēos, right here. Mind you, his is for flashing them to Cricket, but if you already know the relevant Metro details, you should have little trouble adapting his techniques.

If you do get one of his cables, tell him that Mr._Pseudonym sent you....
    Last edited by Mr._Pseudonym; 03-31-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Official CricKet Mafia member

;^) Accomplishments:
    Adapted Cricket Internet to Trēo 755p (Sprint)
    Cricket EVDO on Trēo 755p (Sprint)

:^( Tragedies endured:
    Irrevocably bricked Trēo 755p (Sprint)

;^) Happy again:
    • Now tethering via warranty-replaced Trēo 755p (Sprint)...

Feedback Score
    yeah i have a cable i paid fifty bucks for it it is a seriel to usb cable and i cant get any of the programs to recognize it

Device(s)
    i930 (for sale)
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do you have it in DIAG mode? (See Mr. Pseudonym's link)

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY STORM
    Carrier(s)
    PAGE PLUS
    Feedback Score

Flashing Treo Cables Solved

I BOUGHT AN RS-232 SERIAL TO USB CONVERTER FROM MICROCENTER. IT COST 29.99 AND CAME WITH A DISK THAT CONTAINED THE DRIVERS. I THEN BOUGHT A Serial (RS232) Data Cable for Palm Treo 700w FROM A COMPANY OUT OF TEXAS CALLED SUPERIORACCESSORY.COM IT COST 34.85 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING. I LOADED THE DRIVERS CONNECTED BOTH CABLES, PUT MY PHONE IN DIAG MODE AND ALL MY PROGRAMS RECOGNIZED THE PHONE. THIS WAS ALOT EASIER THAT MAKING MY OWN CABLE. I HOPE THIS HELPS. ALSO MY PHONE WAS A 700WX SO I IMAGINE THIS CABLE WILL WORK FOR MORE THAN JUST ONE MODEL OF TREO.
    Last edited by NSURANCEMAN; 10-29-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: FORGOT SOMETHING

Feedback Score
    hey i need to get the seria number from my treo 700w to put a new number of metro but i dont know how will any body help me