Thread: What the **** Happened To Nextel?!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

What the **** Happened To Nextel?!

Does anyone else find it ironic that Nextel goes from being the buttered toast of the cellular industry ten years to a super cheap nationwide prepaid network geared towards kids and people conscientious about their wallets (Boost Mobile)? Nextel went from being the golden standard of the business world to "get things done NOW" to a sleu of "Where You At?" commercials. Yes, I know, I know. Boost and Nextel are two completely different segments, but I think the founders of Nextel would have a heart attack if they could see what their precious iDen network was reduced to this year. $50 unlimited is an awesome deal, but I would think the Nextel founders ten years ago would have laughed if you were to go in to the past and tell them about it.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wrong they would have already died of a heart attack when you told them how sprint ****ed it up first by not supporting it.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't think the mess with Boost taking up a majority of the iDEN subscriber base with the unlimited plan is a bad thing. Only if Nextel can't keep the network up to par to handle the load. Which, unfortunately, Sprint seems hellbent on screwing up.

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Really? We're gonna pretend like this conversation hasn't been had 500 times over the past five years and drag out the Nextel autopsy report again?

EDIT: no disrespect, metallicpoet. It's just that threads like this always devolve into uninformed name-calling, wildly inaccurate speculation, and fanboys waxing nostalgic for their i95s and throwing darts at Forsee's face on their 2004-era dartboards. Christ, enough already.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell

EDIT: no disrespect, metallicpoet. It's just that threads like this always devolve into uninformed name-calling, wildly inaccurate speculation, and fanboys waxing nostalgic for their i95s and throwing darts at Forsee's face on their 2004-era dartboards. Christ, enough already.
    No they don't, you don't know anything; do you? You !#&... I was just at the witch doctors office for a scheduled check-up. He of course used his miniature collection of S/N executive voo-doo dolls and cast replica's of Tim Donahue's bones across an ancient coverage map.

After reading the bones he said Boost will merge with General Motors and add a new "Push to On Star" feature!

BTW: Thanks for that edit...