Thread: Palm Pre and Sprint SERO Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you consider Blackberry Curve?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Adam
    It was $300 with a $100 rebate (so $200, aka the same as 6 months ago). I might consider if it was around $150, but the thing that really turns me off about the Pro is the keyboard is the same keyboard as the Centro. My GF has the Centro and I really don't like that keyboard, but GPS would be nice to have. I've also read around that the GPS on the Pro is pretty slow to start up, which would be the only reason I see to get it. (WIFI is worthless to me) Maybe someday I'll just get an external GPS for the 755p and keep the sturdy keyboard.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint - SEROlicious
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh
    Did you consider Blackberry Curve?
    Not really since I don't like Blackberry's and would DIE w/o having a touchscreen.

Thanks for the thought though.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero
    Feedback Score
    What about the 800W it's got a great keyboard and has GPS as well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad Adam
    It was $300 with a $100 rebate (so $200, aka the same as 6 months ago). I might consider if it was around $150, but the thing that really turns me off about the Pro is the keyboard is the same keyboard as the Centro. My GF has the Centro and I really don't like that keyboard, but GPS would be nice to have. I've also read around that the GPS on the Pro is pretty slow to start up, which would be the only reason I see to get it. (WIFI is worthless to me) Maybe someday I'll just get an external GPS for the 755p and keep the sturdy keyboard.
    Yeah, that was the reason I didn't get the Treo Pro (the smallish keyboard, that reminded me of my fiancee's Centro) and reports that it was dropping calls. Despite wanting an upgrade to Pre I realized that SERO is too much to give up, Pre is still in its infancy stages and I have way too much invested in my 755p accessories and apps wise to give it all up. Waiting patiently for Touch Pro 2 to be released and be available to us SEROers - the only phone IMO worth switching over to WinMo. In the meantime, unlocked 2gen Iphone on TMobile prepaid helps allay the wifi, app and technical angst

If you are looking for a portable GPS try GlobalSat (it's tiny and holds lots of charge) + TomTom maps you can download. I used to get by with the Treo + Tom Tom turn-by-turn just fine, but having Garmin nuvi is a much better GPS option.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5