Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Palm Treo Pro $249.99 with AT&T Contract

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,414
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Palm Treo Pro $249.99 with AT&T Contract

    just some whispers...this is not official...but 99% sure this will go into effect by end of April.

    Best Buy Mobile will be subsidizing the Unlocked NAM Palm Treo Pro (Black) with a 2 yr AT&T contract.

    New 2yr contract $249.99
    2yr Upgrade $249.99
    Family Add a line $249.99

    I know the phone has been out unlocked for a while now...but subsidized on AT&T optimized for AT&T's 3G network...pretty exciting....
    Best Buy Mobile



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,424
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,130
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Geez -- I'm not sure that I'd leap on this until I saw what the Pre had to offer (obviously answer would be different if your only option was Win Mo)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,414
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract?
    when we do things like this its to get these high end unlocked phones in the hands of the common person (unlike us) who will not drop $500

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract?
    The alternative is to buy it outright for $500 or thereabouts. Since 99% (my guess) of US phone users only buy contract phones via their carrier this is a perfect avenue to get the device of your choice at a subsidised price if your carrier doesnt carry the phone and the price is not too far off the current asking price for subsidised high-end smartphones.

    Think how well a Touch HD with 850/1900 3G would sell at these prices.
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    390
    Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did.

    The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,414
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston
    What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did.

    The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.
    meaning its 850/1900

    unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

    we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    390
    Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    meaning its 850/1900

    unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

    we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.
    Wish this deal was around a month ago when I bought my Treo Pro. I guess I'll have to save my upgrade for a Touch Pro2.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC QUEENS
    Posts
    1,872
    Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formerly known as Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I still feel it's a bit expensive for a 2 yr contract agreement. And this is coming from someone who bought the pro unlocked when it just came out.

    $175 would have be more reasonable.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,414
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    now available.

Bookmarks