Thread: Palm Treo Pro $249.99 with AT&T Contract

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Palm Treo Pro $249.99 with AT&T Contract

just some whispers...this is not official...but 99% sure this will go into effect by end of April.

Best Buy Mobile will be subsidizing the Unlocked NAM Palm Treo Pro (Black) with a 2 yr AT&T contract.

New 2yr contract $249.99
    2yr Upgrade $249.99
    Family Add a line $249.99

I know the phone has been out unlocked for a while now...but subsidized on AT&T optimized for AT&T's 3G network...pretty exciting....
    Best Buy Mobile

Feedback Score
    It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Geez -- I'm not sure that I'd leap on this until I saw what the Pre had to offer (obviously answer would be different if your only option was Win Mo)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    when we do things like this its to get these high end unlocked phones in the hands of the common person (unlike us) who will not drop $500

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    The alternative is to buy it outright for $500 or thereabouts. Since 99% (my guess) of US phone users only buy contract phones via their carrier this is a perfect avenue to get the device of your choice at a subsidised price if your carrier doesnt carry the phone and the price is not too far off the current asking price for subsidised high-end smartphones.

Think how well a Touch HD with 850/1900 3G would sell at these prices.
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did.

The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston
    What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did.

The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.
    meaning its 850/1900

unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    meaning its 850/1900

unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.
    Wish this deal was around a month ago when I bought my Treo Pro. I guess I'll have to save my upgrade for a Touch Pro2.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formerly known as Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I still feel it's a bit expensive for a 2 yr contract agreement. And this is coming from someone who bought the pro unlocked when it just came out.

$175 would have be more reasonable.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    now available.