Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FREE unlocking of A2 phones

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C905
    Carrier(s)
    3 mobile
    Feedback Score
    You have to hold the "C" button not 2 and 5. I think 2+5 is for older phones

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    dazza2105 - I tried both methods, holding "C" and the 2+5 buttons, Holding "C" situation won't even work, since it boots into SEMA, and the Aerix programs requires the Flashing BOOTROM. Also, c905a is the updated version of the origin c905. It was released on Rogers Network in Canada. I am not aware of this knowledge, but do you think it has something to do with me unbranding the phone:

Because this is what I have under the Service Menu ...

Software Info:

R1EA033 prg1205-9069_GENERIC_SI R1EA033
    EROM: 1200-4341
    SEMCBOOT R6A019

kareshi - I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. I just want to clarify, I received this error thru two different computers: One running XP PRO /W SP3 & the other with Vista 64-bit. I have received the same error message over and over again.

Generally speaking, I am not sure if this has anything to do with the problem:
    Detected chipset: DB3210 P1A/P1B

Feedback Score
    I did think of branding it back to the Rogers firmware too, but I don't have time for it yet.. I will try during the weekend.. but I doubt this is the reason.

Feedback Score
    kareshi - I was going to try that, but it was getting in the night (I had work in the morning), I guess I have to agree with you, as to the doubt of the Roger's Firmware. Because it doesn't make sense! Everytime you Flash the Firmware, you loose the unlock, therefore, I don't see the logic why it would work with Rogers when it won't work with other Firmwares.

Hopefully, there is a fix soon. I really think it has something to do with DB3210 P1A/P1B

Feedback Score
    Come to think of it, I wonder what data is extracting from the phone to Aperix when it freezes at the bootloader.

I have a guess that the EROM: 1200-4341 is probably not the same as the one on C905, not the C905a.

C905a - EROM: 1200-4341
    c905 - ?
    c905i - ?
    c905c - ?

Aside from all this, did you try all of the list phones on the Aperix. I know it could brick your phone, but I wonder if that will work...because the DB3210 P1A/P1B is just not solely for the C905a; I believe the other series have it as well.

Feedback Score
    hrmm I wouldn't wanna try that.. i think i would just pay for a few bucks to get a working unlock code.. it is much safer to me.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I am just going to wait.

Also, just to rule out some possibilities: did you try the Aperix with fully charged battery or not?

and I presuming you tried it without the sim car being in the phone, right?

Feedback Score
    fully charged battery or not doesn't matter.. i actually tried with sim card in.. i wonder if anyone has unlocked c905a successfully with Aperix

Feedback Score
    Alright, I tried with 60% charged battery and with and without SIM Card. BTW, I spoke to a live-chat agent on Davinci website (for unlocking, flashing, etc.) They said they can not unlock c905a at this time. they can only do c905i (the original one).

Feedback Score
    thanks for the update. I just unlocked mine with an unlock code.. I won't bother with the software anymore.. maybe u would want to do the same if u need it now

Feedback Score
    kareshi - where did you get the unlock code? which service did you use?

Feedback Score
    just buy it off eBay.. it cost me only US$5.99

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Karthigan
    I booted my phone, and it displayed under service menu, network [locked icon] 10 ... everything else was [unlocked icon] with the number 5.

Therefore, my phone is still locked.
    an unlocked icon means your phone is not locked. if it was locked, the padlock icon would be closed (not open)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Oops sorry I misread your post! Sorry for the doublepost , but seems like I cant edit my earlier post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast