Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    lots of off topic stuff but i will respond and re-ask the question

Quote Originally Posted by macizcool
    To the OP: This is the company who makes VZ Navigator:
    Yep as i said i already tried that but thanks for being the only one to answer my question

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy
    I have tried networks in motion but i get no response and i see no where else to provide feedback.
    first for those who advocate i get a "real" gps. (whitetigergrowl, The WB) I current owned:

outdoors
    2 lowrance go's
    1 garmin etrex legend

exercise
    1 garmin forerunner 301

auto
    1 navigon 2100 (with 5100 maps and traffic activation hack)
    myguide 3050 (given away)

all around
    2 verizon chocolate 3's with vznav

in my experience the garmins are slow to lock and lose signal easily but 1 is my geocaching gps and one is for exercise so nothing really mission critical the lowrance can take up to 5 minutes to lock but once locked never lose signal and are very accurate.

the navigon needs updated maps which I will get before my next trip to the coast but the cost will be approx $80 the my guide maps were going to be $130 last i checked before It became a present.

of all of them i use the phones the most. no other gps i have can check the gas prices and tell me what the closest and cheapest are in real time. no other gps i have can directly call the locations if i am calling to check for hotels ect. also none of my other gps have the maps updated automatically and for free, and before i found the traffic activation hack for the navigon none of the rest had real time traffic which i have used to great effect before with the phones.

myself i don't spend a lot of time looking at the screen because as i mentioned the screen is pretty bright during the night and early morning but in Minneapolis traffic it routed me around the 5 o clock traffic jam to the mall of america on a road with literally 2 other cars. In DC it helped me to find a way out of town in rush hour without having to deal with traffic.

I honestly don't think i would ever want to be without it. plus if my wife wants to know where i am and i am unfamiliar area on a trip and not able to give her directions i can simply send her a place message and she can come directly to my location.

also none of my other GPS does voice recognition for entering the place name. that is handy when i am moving and do not want to stop and tap tap tap the location in.

plus i always have it since i always carry my phone.

It really is an unbeatable combination of features but i wish i and others could suggest a few more things to make it even better!

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry guys, but I am a die-hard Telenav fan. One thing that Telenav really impressed me with was their POI. I have had a Garmin nuvi 750 and TomTom GO 720, and Telenav literally has at least twice the POI. (11 mill+) I got Telenav 2 years ago and am not planning on changing anytime soon. Not to mention that I found my favorite kebab & curry restaurant and my favorite Taqueria through their POI!

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to chime in with my thoughts:

As far as standalone and built-in devices being more accurate, it depends. One long trip of 1000 miles I had a Nuvi 750? and VZNAV. While the Nuvi recognized when the car turned a few seconds earlier and counted the miles slightly differently, both were on spot for directions.

I also used VZNAV in the Sierra Nevadas where cell phone service is spotty. Again, no issues.

And finally, at a recent event where a number of associates met, 3 people have portable units, 1 had a builtin and 1 had VZNAV. The place where all of the units directed us to was about 1.5 miles away from the actual building. More accurate? I think not.

While the standalones clearly have a market and in certain conditions are better than VZNAV, I have found VZNAV to be a GPS replacement. And as a previous poster said clearly, VZNAV has worthwhile features not found on standalone GPS units.

Whether you want a phone or standalone GPS is a matter of preference, but VZNAV works fine for my needs.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

what i have found is vznav does fine with no signal unless you miss a turn with no signal or are in a non vzw zone. if i leave signal and come back in and there were any changes while in no vznav area it updates ( recalculating route) and its more useable in heavy forests of Va mountain region than standalones. the backlight off/voice only option would be awesome for night and/or battery savings on the phone. map only/voice only/both options would rock. i use my vzna for much more than directions. something, like previously posted, standalones cant do
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2