Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorola World Phone for Verizon

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    One problem tho, they ARE NOT releasing it ( A4500 ie q9n or Napoleon). This is just more garbage info being posted all over the place. My guess for it is just because someone tracked down the FCC approval stuff so they assume it is, but it does not mean a device will get released tho.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    A higher-up has promised the release of this phone to me...they said it would be business channel only for a while, though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wimaxwax
    A higher-up has promised the release of this phone to me...they said it would be business channel only for a while, though.

Lol...I believe that when I see it seeing as there is no Win Mobile group at Moto anymore.

Feedback Score
    Motorola IRONMAN

Please someone tell me this is coming to Verizon? If Verizon got this it would be stamped with the Top Notch most requested App "Get It Now" who needs that old outdated Java since if Verzion had this phone it would be removed then we would have widgets removed because who needs customization anyway! I like my Cell Phone OS basic, just give it a dial pad and that's it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    looks to me like a copy off the Moto Alexandra and if that is the case it is not CDMA seeing as Alexandra is GSM. Only time will tell tho I guess. IMO to much BS going around on what will be coming from Moto this year. And with all the layoffs it's anyone guess as to what will be released and what OS it will run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    looks to me like a copy off the Moto Alexandra and if that is the case it is not CDMA seeing as Alexandra is GSM. Only time will tell tho I guess. IMO to much BS going around on what will be coming from Moto this year. And with all the layoffs it's anyone guess as to what will be released and what OS it will run.

I think your right. I think Motorola is throwing this stuff out to determine the reaction it get's. Now that you brought up Alexandra I couldn't of agreed with you more. The Calgary also I doubt will be released.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The Calgary is still moving forward with Android. However that still does not mean it will be released but it is being worked on the last I was told.

Personally tho I think things have been moved back do to Moto dropping Win Mobile all together and deciding Anroid is there smartphone OS so it is like they are starting from scratch. And lord only know what will come on any new dumbphones as the OS.

Feedback Score
    The Calgary is still moving forward with Android. However that still does not mean it will be released but it is being worked on the last I was told.

Personally tho I think things have been moved back do to Moto dropping Win Mobile all together and deciding Anroid is there smartphone OS so it is like they are starting from scratch. And lord only know what will come on any new dumbphones as the OS.
    I have a friend over at Cnet and he tells me Calgary if it does get released will be untill late next yea! Claims about 10 android phones will be released end of next year none he mentioned for Verizon thou!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wimaxwax
    you couldve just asked me if you wanted one now?

itll never be released, especially with things like iron man coming in the android form. winmo is dead. bye bye.
    Moto Razr

Feedback Score
    thats one ugly looking phone too.
    iPhone Lover

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly4423
    thats one ugly looking phone too.

I think it's better looking than most the stuff coming from Moto so far!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul Silverman
    I have a friend over at Cnet and he tells me Calgary if it does get released will be untill late next yea! Claims about 10 android phones will be released end of next year none he mentioned for Verizon thou!
    Wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest. Whja tis frustrating in my point of view is all this talk about all these new phones bieng out this year and still nothing has been released really. Typical tho I guess seeing as the Rush2 was suppose to be out first QTR and you don't even hear anything on it now either.

To be honest I have no clue as to what is going on with VZW atm. Heck I just saw an article toady that Microsoft & VZW are in takes to release a touchscreen by years end to compete with the iPhone. Supposedly will be running Win Mobile 6.5 or if it gets pushed back Win Mob 7. And yet just the other day you hear VZW is in talked with Apple to get a 4g iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Heck I just saw an article toady that Microsoft & VZW are in takes to release a touchscreen by years end to compete with the iPhone. Supposedly will be running Win Mobile 6.5 or if it gets pushed back Win Mob 7. And yet just the other day you hear VZW is in talked with Apple to get a 4g iPhone.

There was a follow up article to that saying Microsoft is not going into the phone biz but was said to be tweaking its OS with a multimedia focus, assisting with the design and that a third party would be building the handset.

Feedback Score
    VZW is in talked with Apple to get a 4g iPhone.
    Over at Cnet I've been told that there will be a apple touch phone but not an iphone Verizon will get a totally new apple phone just for Verizon's LTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Over at Cnet I've been told that there will be a apple touch phone but not an iphone Verizon will get a totally new apple phone just for Verizon's LTE.
    Yea I heard about that also I just forget what the name of it was. It supposedly is thinner then the iPhone and has a few other features from what I had read. I'll see if I can find that article again.

There was a follow up article to that saying Microsoft is not going into the phone biz but was said to be tweaking its OS with a multimedia focus, assisting with the design and that a third party would be building the handset.
    Yea I saw that one also while eating lunch today. It just goes to show how much garbage floats around the web and so fast even at that....lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast