Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorola World Phone for Verizon

Feedback Score

Motorola World Phone for Verizon

FCC Outs Motorola World Phone for Verizon
    Today, 10:32 AM by Rich Brome

The Motorola A4500 for Verizon has been revealed in documents on the FCC web site. This slab-style smartphone is similar to the Q9m/Q9c, but with numerous upgrades, including quad-band GSM world roaming, Wi-Fi, fingerprint scanner, and a 2-megapixel camera. Features in common with the Q9m/Q9c include EVDO data, stereo Bluetooth, memory card slot, voice command, and a QWERTY keyboard. The A4500 appears to run Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard. The A4500 has yet to be announced by Verizon or Motorola.

Motorola A4500

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If i'm not mistaken, wasnt this the Napolean, that was said to be scrapped?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The FCC approval ID for that phone has been out for a long time. Check the Activating on Verizon thread at EverythingQ.com for the phone which was affectionately named the Q9n over there.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbpyro
    If i'm not mistaken, wasnt this the Napolean, that was said to be scrapped?

Exactly correct as the project was canned, however there are some on the float and speaking from experience it's a great device. Total stupid plan on VZW's & Motos part of dropping it before release. IMO they would have sold a boat load of these things if it was released with the features the test models have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    Exactly correct as the project was canned, however there are some on the float and speaking from experience it's a great device. Total stupid plan on VZW's & Motos part of dropping it before release. IMO they would have sold a boat load of these things if it was released with the features the test models have.
    Will it have WiFi or will it be Crippled?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Rich Brome had this to say to me today, when I asked him about the timeliness of the "news".

Like most FCC approvals these days, it is approved on one date, but certain key documents (photos, user manual, etc.) are kept confidential until a later date, which the manufacturer specifies. This is supposed to let companies keep phones secret until they are ready to announce them.

Companies often need to extend that confidentiality period as launch dates shift. Sometimes companies forget to tell the FCC to change that date, and the documents become public anyway. That's probably what happened here.

Regardless, the documents only became public today.
    http://www.phonescoop.com/news/discu...288&fi=2051528

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul Silverman
    Will it have WiFi or will it be Crippled?
    Read all about it. Your buddies at BGR say it is 'seemingly' being released by Verizon now: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...e-for-verizon/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    ^^^^I highly doubt that as we all know it was canned and not getting released to the public. Unless VZW & Moto have some secret they have been able to hid this long it won't be released.

As for Wifi can't say for a device that is not being released supposedly. However the ones on the float are not crippled on the Wifi front that I can say for sure as I have one and it works just great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Read all about it. Your buddies at BGR say it is 'seemingly' being released by Verizon now: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...e-for-verizon/

It should of been released then not now.
    Last edited by Saul Silverman; 04-28-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's a very nice device...that will never be released...unless everything that we already know about it and it's limited, leaked availability have been a charade for the most ambitious guerrilla marketing campaign ever by Moto!

It's a shame because it a very powerful phone with an amazing feature set but it's not touchscreen so it's not an iPhone killer and was a victim of very bad timing I think. Things looked considerably bleaker back in October when the decision to close the project was made by Moto.

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Finally a Q9n User Manual Get it While it's Hot

http://rapidshare.com/files/22698273...Guide.rar.html
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    It's a very nice device...that will never be released...unless everything that we already know about it and it's limited, leaked availability have been a charade for the most ambitious guerrilla marketing campaign ever by Moto!

It's a shame because it a very powerful phone with an amazing feature set but it's not touchscreen so it's not an iPhone killer and was a victim of very bad timing I think. Things looked considerably bleaker back in October when the decision to close the project was made by Moto.

My thoughts exactly and I couldn't agree more as they really should not have canned this project.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    The Buddy no longer writes for Boy Genius.

Feedback Score
    lol, this is too funny.
    Moto Razr

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    lol, this is too funny.
    I think it's kinda funny too, after all this time on the shelves now they are releasing it. Makes you wonder if they'll now release the successor to the V710, if there ever was one. I didn't want that phone then, and I sure as hell don't want it now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast