Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: SOC for free Unlimited HotSpot Calling (@Home Wi-Fi) for Families?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up SOC for free & unlimited @Home / UMA / Wi-Fi calling

UMAUFTSP - $0.00 SOC for free and unlimited @Home / UMA / Wi-Fi calling on an individual line

From what was explained to me, this UMAUFTSP SOC was used at the introduction of the @Home (for mobile handsets) feature / service. Another SOC, with a charge of $9.99, would be added to the primary line of a family plan. UMAUFTSP at a cost of $0.00 would then have to be added to the subsequent family plan lines. If you understand my explaination, UMAUFTSP is supposed to be used with another SOC that costs, but the system doesn't force this requirement.

I only got this awesome feature / service from the retentions department. I was polite and pled my case. I explained that I wanted to continue with T-Mobile, but only one of my five family plan lines were really being used, for anything. The CSR told me that they had to add the free SOC to each line individually, which they did. Mind you, my lines were out of contract. In addition, I stated I didn't want to have a contract extension since I wasn't asking for any handset upgrades and I knew that T-Mobile now offers month to month service without a contract. Nothing was added to the contractual clock!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so very much! You're an asset to the community indeed and all who dutifully contribute their time and helpful information to all here. I will definitely go after this and report back to you all.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hahaha. I am blessed. I've had the free UMA code added for the part few days and i did not even know. Lol. After i reported the success of the 4.99 add on it was not showing online so i called in again to confirm that it was added. The rep i spoke to told me it was there but not provisioned properly on my individual lines. Little did i know was what he did was remove the 4.99 version and add the free one. Only When i tried adding it today did the rep let me know i already had it. I should have known something was up because the rep gave me a 4.99 credit to my bill for paying for the feature not provisioned properly. Why would i leave tmo again?
    Last edited by swordsaint_ss; 06-06-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Tm506 not so good on t9 spelling

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsaint_ss
    Hahaha. I am blessed. I've had the free UMA code added for the part few days and i did not even know. Lol. After i reported the success of the 4.99 add on it was not showing online so i called in again to confirm that it was added. The rep i spoke to told me it was there but not provisioned properly on my individual lines. Little did i know was what he did was remove the 4.99 version and add the free one. Only When i tried adding it today did the rep let me know i already had it. I should have known something was up because the rep gave me a 4.99 credit to my bill for paying for the feature not provisioned properly. Why would i leave tmo again?
    where abouts do you live?!? cause i tried getting it added to my account and was told it was market specific.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    Orchid Sidekick Lx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    YES! I just added it to all my lines Ive got the ultimate plan in my eyes 49.99 family plan with 600 minutes free N/w free,my fave 5,free hotspots, 19.99 sidekick plan using the new lx with 3g, 19.99 blackberry plan, 9.99 unlimited family text and a 3rd line 9.99 with the 19.99 blackberry plan also! Thank You TMobile! I have wifi in my house so that free calls from Home! I just need to get a good deal from cablevision im on the triple play but I have no use for the telephone if I could just get the cable for 29.99 and the internet for 29.99 Id be happy but they force you to get the phone service for 29.99 also Anyone have advice for cablevision?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hrm. That SOC code seems to be the code for the $4.99 FamilyTalk [email protected] option.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Retentions got me free Unlimited HotSpot Calling

Quote Originally Posted by NexTel32708
    where abouts do you live?!? cause i tried getting it added to my account and was told it was market specific.
    Are you out of contract or close to being? I only got this through retentions, period. I had tried going the normal CSR route with no luck for a few months. My service is based in Hawaii, so forget that crap about this SOC (UMAUFTSP) only being for the Seattle and Dallas test markets.
    Last edited by Amiga; 06-06-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Alright. Yeaup. I just got this added to all my lines too! (from regular Care) - the rep had to go in and add it to all the lines individually.

Although... the feature does not show up online... (kind of makes me mad) the rep said it would appear on my next bill. - which I trust since the MyFaves feature doesn't show up under ''plans & services'' online. Yet its there!

It shows up on MyT-Mobile under ''Minute Usage Overview'' (on a per-line basis) as "T-Mobile Hotspot" with ''Unlimited Minutes Remaining"

EDIT: I did just get a text saying there was a change made to my plan. So that's a positive sign!

------------

I love my plan:

1500 Nationwide FamilyTalk Preffered (2 lines) - $79.99
    Unlimited 9PM Nights and Weekends - included
    Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile - included
    Unlimited MyFaves - included
    Unlimited [email protected] - included
    Unlimited FamilyTalk Messaging (SMS/MMS) - $9.99
    3 Add-A-Lines @ $9.99 a piece - $29.97
    TMobileWeb Unlimited (one line) - $4.99
    Family Allowances - $2.00

TOTAL: $126.95 (not including taxes/fees) and then I have a 10% business discount.

That's $25.00 per line for unlimited calling to five numbers, unlimited calling to any T-Mobile customer, unlimited calling over most WiFi hotpsots, and unlimited messaging; plus a shared bucket of 1500 whenever minutes. And there is unlimited tmobileweb on my line.

Yeaup. I'm a happy T-Mobile customer! All I can say is loyalty pays (been with T-Mobile for nine years).
    Last edited by NexTel32708; 06-07-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    Alright. Yeaup. I just got this added to all my lines too!
    It shows up on MyT-Mobile under ''Minute Usage Overview'' (on a per-line basis) as "T-Mobile Hotspot" with ''Unlimited Minutes Remaining"

------------
    Same here. Thanks for pointing that out. I would've never found it. Didn't get the text message though. I used the free version code, Which one did you use? I know what you mean, I feel like the cat that got the canary. free myfaves, free unlimited wi-fi calling,unlimited mobile2mobile,nights weekends, 5.99 data on three lines... This company is something else. I'm no fanboy of any company (quite the opposite actually, more of a consumer advocate) but I've never seen a company bend over backwards to keep their customers like this one has.
    Last edited by XARLON; 06-07-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Feedback Score

Unhappy Damn FatWallet members gave this a NEG rating!

I posted this on FatWallet and someone gave this deal a negative / red rating!
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/929909/

I also placed it in a long ongoing Slickdeals thread.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpos...&postcount=219

I mostly did it for others who have been searching for the damn SOC.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiga
    I posted this on FatWallet and someone gave this deal a negative / red rating!
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/929909/

I also placed it in a long ongoing Slickdeals thread.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpos...&postcount=219

I mostly did it for others who have been searching for the damn SOC.
    Hrmph. Now T-Mobile will get suspicious and might remove the code. Ugh...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarlon
    Same here. Thanks for pointing that out. I would've never found it. Didn't get the text message though. I used the free version code, Which one did you use? I know what you mean, I feel like the cat that got the canary. free myfaves, free unlimited wi-fi calling,unlimited mobile2mobile,nights weekends, 5.99 data on three lines... This company is something else. I'm no fanboy of any company (quite the opposite actually, more of a consumer advocate) but I've never seen a company bend over backwards to keep their customers like this one has.
    Yeah, T-Mobile is good at customer retention/loyalty. They are good for the consumer but also have a business model behind it. Unlike Sprint who just gives EVERYTHING (almost literally) away!

I used the SOC that was in this thread. (the bold one)

Device(s)
    Orchid Sidekick Lx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Service Used Remaining Included Time Period
    Shared Whenever Minutes® 0 600 600 Whenever
    myFaves® Minutes 0 Unlimited Unlimited Whenever
    Week Night Minutes 0 Unlimited Unlimited Nights
    Weekend Minutes 0 Unlimited Unlimited Weekends
    T-Mobile to T-Mobile Minutes 0 Unlimited Unlimited Whenever
    T-Mobile HotSpot 0 Unlimited Unlimited Whenever
    Here is what it looks like and i have zero mins all because My billing cycle just started! anyways ya thanks again for posting it!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meems
    Shared Whenever Minutes® 0 600 600 Whenever
    Weekend Minutes 0 Unlimited Unlimited Weekends
    Here is what it looks like and i have zero mins all because My billing cycle just started! anyways ya thanks again for posting it!
    Shared Whenever Minutes® 0 1500 1500 Whenever
    Weekend Minutes 5 Unlimited Unlimited Weekends

Hey! Look at that, mine looks almost the same! (My billing cycle also started today). Nice!

Feedback Score
    Hrmph. Now T-Mobile will get suspicious and might remove the code. Ugh...
    People are still getting the highly publicized $5.99 T-zones. Listen, I worked too damn hard trying to find this SOC not to share it with others!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast