Thread: Best/Seamless way to sync itunes/music

Device(s)
    Nokia e71-2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Best/Seamless way to sync itunes/music

have an e63 from the amazon deal. ($125 unlocked after rebate)
    since ive been able to put it 8gb microsd i thought why not ad music.

well nokia doesn't really have seamless music syncing software.

is there a way to sync the phone with itunes directly through usb/bluetooth connection?

been using itunes the longest so very attached to it. though of using winamp but it isnt as userfirendly

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Salling MediaSync. MediaMonkey can also sync to S60 natively if you want to cut iTunes out of the picture, but it has some minor problems.

You do have to connect via USB "Media transfer" mode.
    [email protected] (Sports Tracker, Friend View)
    Twitter

Feedback Score
    Mediamonkey seems like your best bet. It's pretty powerful and is a good media player too. I use it to sync with my old iPod because iTunes is a laggy piece of crap unless you have a good computer (and even if you have a good computer)

I think Ricky Cadden of Symbian-Guru did a piece on it unless I'm confusing him with someone.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    No, he did do a piece on it. But this user asked how to sync between his phone and iTunes. MediaMonkey would replace iTunes. It has some issues with transferring all of the id3 tags correctly, and transfer of album art is hit-or-miss. But yes, it mostly works. Salling MediaSync is pretty cheap comparatively though, and would allow the user to manage his playlists via iTunes.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Liberal_Hippie is right - if you're glued to iTunes, Salling Media Sync is hands-down the best choice. Here's my experience with it: http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/...nc-review.html

However, if you can manage to dump iTunes (you'll be better off, I promise), then MediaMonkey is pretty solid for me, been using it for a while. Here's that review: http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/...ificently.html

Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, i'd only really want to sync up the podcasts i bring down through I-Tunes. I don't think Media Monkey will help me there.

Feedback Score
    Why not use the Podcasting client and set it to check at a specific interval? It will automatically grab it and will be on your device whenever you're ready to listen. Using iTunes only for podcasts is even more counter-intuitive.
    Winner of 3rd Annual HoFies Award.
    Gold Medal for 'Most helpful S60 Hofo'er'
    Bronze Medal for 'Funniest S60 Hofo'er'

Device(s)
    Nokia e71-2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hey thx all.
    ive tried media monkey and it just isnt as firendly as itunes. allbeeit it does more stuff. if i switched id probably go with winamp.
    yea seems slike sailing is the best bet. wishd apple werent so exclusive with their products.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dadadaa
    hey thx all.
    ive tried media monkey and it just isnt as firendly as itunes. allbeeit it does more stuff. if i switched id probably go with winamp.
    yea seems slike sailing is the best bet. wishd apple werent so exclusive with their products.
    Why not? It has instant search. It lets you configure your sync and does it accurately. It lets you filter out your libraries so just your favorite songs or artists show up.

It takes about 2 days and you will never look at iTunes again.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, dump iTunes for your podcasts and use the client on your phone instead. If you want to export your podcasts from iTunes, here is how: http://www.audioactivism.org/2006/02...l-from-itunes/

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy w/Mango
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nokia Music really doesn't work bad at all with my N95. . . I don't mind it at all.
    AT&T Sim in my Dell Precision with an HSPA 7.2 card. . . . And my Comcast. . .

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee
    Nokia Music really doesn't work bad at all with my N95. . . I don't mind it at all.
    It works fine if you don't want/need smart playlists. I was excited to see there was a new version, and it apparently can now track what you've listened to, but still no smart playlists. That's all it needs for me to use it. Well, or when I get the N97 and can keep almost all my music on my device!

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dadadaa
    hey thx all.
    Winamp's desktop experience rocks - its mobile syncing BLOWS. I found it 100% unusable.

On a side note, MediaMonkey fully supports podcasts, including the various settings for automatically downloading/deleting them, etc. Works a treat for me.

I agree 100% that MediaMonkey isn't as easy to use as iTunes, but if you take an hour or so to really explore it, it's 300% times better than iTunes, specifically if you get your music from...other sources.

Feedback Score

Best/Seamless way to sync itunes/music

I have searched the Internet, finding that people who are searching for iTunes alternative to for music sync issue, like transfer music to iPhone without iTunes. Some expect the iTunes alternative to be faster in transferring music to Apple devices. Some wish an intuitive iTunes alternative to manage music and movie libraries. So, here, may be use an alternative way is better to solve problem.
    Enjoy life, it's getting better!