Thread: Use Alltel phone for PagePlus?

Feedback Score

Use Alltel phone for PagePlus?

I am in Montana. I have an un-active Audiovox CDM-8910.
    With this phone, I dial my home land-line phone number, I get a message that says "Welcome to Alltel... ". I assume this is an Alltel phone. ??

I got an auction on eBay to 'ACTIVATE YOUR VERIZON OR ALLTEL PHONE'.

When I try to program, I dial *22890 and push [Send].
    Display shows "OTASP Call".
    Displays ~1 minute and then says "Programming Unsuccessful!".

Is this phone not going to work?

Feedback Score
    I don't think Alltel phones work with page plus. I happen to live in Missoula and am switching from Alltel to PP as well.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    "OTASP"=Over The Air Service Provisioning. Basically programming the phone.

I've read where folks here have gotten Alltel phones to work on PP. I've got an AlltelU LG AX145 new in the clamshell that I've been wondering what to do with it...
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by livinn59801
    I don't think Alltel phones work with page plus. I happen to live in Missoula and am switching from Alltel to PP as well.
    The eBay sale says 'ACTIVATE YOUR VERIZON OR ALLTEL PHONE'.
    I guess Alltel in Montana is not switching to Verizon so it might not work here. ??

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper
    I've got an AlltelU LG AX145 new in the clamshell that I've been wondering what to do with it...
    No room on the wall?

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart
    No room on the wall?
    Had to move, so it's more like "Stacks Of Phones" right now....

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I believe AlltelU prepay phones have MSLs, as opposed to Alltel contract phones, which do not. If you are able to set the MSL to 000000, you might be able to program it OTA. If not OTA, then possibly manually, if given the MIN, MDN, and home SID, though you might still have to load the PRL with BitPim or a PST program.

ttiiggy - Did the eBay seller say that your ESN was in the system, before you tried the *228? Also, you should be hearing the Verizon voice when doing the *228, not one that is saying Alltel. Try *22800 or *22801, until you don't hear the voice mention "Alltel".

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    There is always the option of programming the phone yourself manually.

You will need to know:
    * How to get at the settings for your particular phone and your MIN, MDN and possibly your SID & NID.
    * What software to use to transfer a PRL file (and the file too). Usually some version of QPST.

Often, OTA programming won't work unless you are on the correct network. Since Your current SID and PRL favor the Alltel network it's hard to force to phone to go on Verizon's network without manually changing the setting unless you are in someplace like NJ where there are no Alltel towers at all.

I had to get my Amp'd phone on Alltel manually for the same reason - it would not OTA program while sitting on the Verizon network and there is no Alltel network here. I also have issues with Sprint OTA programming but then I simply disable roaming when I need to update.

Edit: You beat me mframe
    iPhone 7 Plus - Sprint SERO
    iPhone 6 Plus - Altice (testing)

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Yep, that's the programming issue. In Montana, it looks like Verizon and Alltel have the A+B cellular licenses. That is why I suggested the OP try *22800 or *22801, to find the Verizon system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper
    "OTASP"=Over The Air Service Provisioning. Basically programming the phone.

I've read where folks here have gotten Alltel phones to work on PP. I've got an AlltelU LG AX145 new in the clamshell that I've been wondering what to do with it...
    Anyone managed to get an AX145/140 working on PP?

Device(s)
    bb storm2
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe
    I believe AlltelU prepay phones have MSLs, as opposed to Alltel contract phones, which do not. If you are able to set the MSL to 000000, you might be able to program it OTA. If not OTA, then possibly manually, if given the MIN, MDN, and home SID, though you might still have to load the PRL with BitPim or a PST program.

ttiiggy - Did the eBay seller say that your ESN was in the system, before you tried the *228? Also, you should be hearing the Verizon voice when doing the *228, not one that is saying Alltel. Try *22800 or *22801, until you don't hear the voice mention "Alltel".
    alltelu phones bought in packaging from like walmart or target has lock codes after activate. can not say if you can just buy and put on pageplus with out activating on alltelu, have not tried that way. also if buy from alltel store as prepaid phone is not locked with code. so it can be activated on regular alltel postpaid. so should be no problem activating on pageplus. may have to find programing codes to get into phone to change nam settings if *228 doesnt work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe
    I did get a message from the eBay seller saying the phone should be ready to OTA program...

I never could get this phone to 'find the Verizon system'.
    I thought about trying to figure out a location somewhere that has ZERO Alltel coverage so I was for sure on a Verizon tower and try from there. Hasn't happened.