Thread: LG env touch with bitpim?

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbineblade
    ever since v04 update i can't get bitpim to read files on touch
    I'm assuming other people with v04 are able to use bitpim w/their EnV Touch?

I just got my phone yesterday w/v04 and have not yet been able to connect using USB.

I get the following error:

Device needs attention - LG-VX11000 (enV Touch) on COM21
    LG-VX11000 (enV Touch) on COM21: The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can use it on mine. I have the latest V04 as well as the version 1.0.7 for Bitpim. I had a hard time getting it to connect with the 1.0.6 version of Bitpim but now it auto detects my phone.

Device(s)
    VX9100 Env2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For anyone unable to read the filesystem using the latest Bitpim and latest LG drivers, try using Bluetooth instead of the data cable. Worked for me!

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think I recall reading that at this time, it is not possible to delete the default system sounds and pictures on the env Touch. Is this correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shobuddy
    I think I recall reading that at this time, it is not possible to delete the default system sounds and pictures on the env Touch. Is this correct?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570073 might be of some help.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    Thanks for the response. The method listed on that post involves editing(deleting the files) the firmware bin and flashing the phone. I'de rather not flash the phone and would rather use a simpler delete operation thru something like bitpim.

Feedback Score

downloading notes and calendar from EnV touch

I am able to get to my phone using bitpim but when I click on "Get phone data" and check calendar and memo in the popup and click "OK" I get the following message:

Access Denied - Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider.

Can someone help me get around this?

Thanks,

Al

Carrier(s)
    Verizon via Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jokester1365 View Post
    Now install and run the unofficial latest version of bitpim (http://preview.tinyurl.com/noaz4m).
    It's too bad that this d/l is no longer available. It's also too bad that jokester hasn't logged in here for 7 months and most likely will never see my PM asking about obtaining the version.

I pretty much ONLY want to use Bitpim to be able to SEND address book entries to my enV Touch. It's great that I can upload my addy book to Bitpim- if I was looking to just have an archive of it. *scoff*

Pretty much the only use I have for Bitpim is the ability to save and restore my addy book if ever needed. Heck- I'd even pay a few extra bucks to LG to just add a SIM card to the phone!! Who needs Bitpim when SIM card readers and supporting software are quite literally a dime a dozen?

To those of you that are still asking how to get your enV Touch to connect with Bitpim- you haven't done your homework. I realize that you need to be walked through the process step-by-step. I would be more than willing to write up a "Connecting a LG enV Touch to Bitpim for Dummies"- but TRUST ME- without being able to WRITE to your address book, Bitpim is pretty much useless right now.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    it is too bad that you don't appreciate that bitpim is an open-source program that people develop for free in their spare time. You can learn python and make bitpim do whatever you want. but i think bitpim is dying a bit due to all the android phones out there for verizon now. i didn't even know the env touch was still being sold.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e58omnnasd7zpxa

http://www.bitpim.org/developer.html

Carrier(s)
    Verizon via Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jokester1365 View Post
    it is too bad that you don't appreciate that bitpim is an open-source program that people develop for free in their spare time.
    I did come off as a bit of a ****, but that wasn't my intention. I DO understand and appreciate the fact that Bitpim is pretty much kept up by hobbyists and no one can possibly expect a specific solution for a particular phone. However- you DID post a link to a fix that was VERY specific to my needs and it didn't work when I found it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made a post on his thread at all, bro.

Thank you for making the version available again! I'll play around with it some time next week. Your work IS appreciated!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14