Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre: Glitches/Problems ASK & ANSWER thread...

Device(s)
    Samsung Upstage
    Feedback Score
    Never mind, I found it. Hold down the orange button and select what you want to delete.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    my pre turns off sometimes byitself..happened a few times...and the battery has plenty of power left...dunno why.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre, Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does your Pre turn off when you slide it closed? The guy on one of the Tech radio shows that bought a Pre and it had a loose wire inside so it would foul each time he closed it and would have to re-power it on which took forever. Needless to say, he had to exchange his phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Upstage
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone purchased the extended battery yet? If you have, how much of a difference does it make from the original battery?

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../8A37A5644.htm

Edit: Never mind. I see that it isn't available yet.

Device(s)
    HTC HERO (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283
    Has anyone purchased the extended battery yet? If you have, how much of a difference does it make from the original battery?

http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../8A37A5644.htm

Edit: Never mind. I see that it isn't available yet.
    Not 100% true they have an extended life battery for the pre on seidio and its an 1350 cell battery I just ordered mine a few days ago i'll let you all know how it acts with that battery
    Take What You Can..... Give Nothin Back.......
    From Detroit Were So Bad *** even our Mayor Is in Jail...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight XRS
    have you hit the sym button yet? when you go to your text or web site area, hit the SYM button on the key pad, that will bring up a touchscreen with other symbols on it.
    Yeah, I tried that. It doesn't place the symbol in the browser... Anywhere else it works but not the browser.
    at&t USB 305:

Comcast Extreme:

Device(s)
    Palm PRE
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having the accelerometer issues where it randomly switches to sideways but doesn't go back to vertical unless you tap hard?

Device(s)
    Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless | Sprint
    Feedback Score
    When I set my email accounts to manual sync updates, and off "show notifications," I still get notifications time to time. When I set it to 24hr, I get less frequent updates. Anyone else have this bug?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Whenever I leave bluetooth on idle, it still tries to output all phone calls to bluetooth and they have to be switched back to the handset.

Missed calls always say they were missed yesterday even though they were missed today.

Device(s)
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My phone started shutting off all of a sudden. Ill hit the wake up button and get the Palm logo when I never even shut the phone down. Also my page refresh button blinks alot, not sure what that's about. I'm not sure what may be causing these glitches. I had a few third party apps installed from th app store but I removed them and reset the phone. Ill update this post if it fixes the issue.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1
    Does your Pre turn off when you slide it closed? The guy on one of the Tech radio shows that bought a Pre and it had a loose wire inside so it would foul each time he closed it and would have to re-power it on which took forever. Needless to say, he had to exchange his phone.

Yes I have the exact same issue when i slide it closed it occationally turns off. It is happening with more frequency now and has even turn off while closed at least once . Needless to say its a defective phone. I will be changeing it soon tonight or tomorrow(What are my chances of getting a perfectly manufactured phone?)

oh it also refuses to charge using the usb port. it only like the touchstone

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm having an issue with the phone and phone calls. Let me explain. I received a phone call from my girlfriend today, I answered it and talked. I received a text message while on the call but didn't check it, finished my call and hung up. Now when I ended the call the screen went black, flickered a few times with a bluish/grey light and then returned to the dialer screen, with the indicator showing that the call had ended.

A few minutes later I made a call back to my girlfriend and talked, finished the call and tried to hang up the phone...but guess what? That's right the phone screen was black again, but the line was still open. I tried tapping the screen, nothing. I tried pushing the wake up button, nothing. The phone flickered again with the same bluish/grey coloring and then restored itself a few seconds later back to the dialer screen.

This has happened only once before and thus far this is the only real bug (besides the aforementioned accelerometer issue) I can find with the Pre. I just did a battery pull on the phone so we'll see if that stops this. Just updated to the new firmware update so was thinking that may have something to do with it but highly doubt it.

Anyone else experience this issue?
    <---You'll never fully comprehend my mind!

Device(s)
    Palm PRE
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    You know, I too had that happen once, but i was actually on the phone trying to call into sprint. I think it might be an issue with the accelerometer. I know that when we are on a non speaker call and you have to touch a number, the screen goes on. Normally the screen is off when you're in a call. i think the two are related. I'll let tech support know this week.

Feedback Score
    My wifes Pre will not update... Not once.

It just says unable to connect. Tried wifi, soft reset, pulling the battery. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Device(s)
    Palm PRE
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I had that happen before 1.0.3 came out.

you have to pretty much do a soft erase.

go to: Device Info--> Reset Options--> Partial Erase.

After you confirm this, it will pretty much redo the whole activation. Make sure the palm profile is confirmed online. after you make sure it is confirmed, do the activation procedure, following all instructions, reenter your palm profile information and then try to get the update. It sucks, but it is what has to be done. let me know if it works. I'm looking for the guide i used.

Edit: here it is
    Last edited by Midknight XRS; 06-30-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast