Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: ZER01 - Buzzirk Mobile: Unlimited talk/messages/data gsm/3g $79.95 month July 1st

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score

ZERO1 Mobile

This has ZebraGSM written all over it. Coming soon splattered all over the place. Freedom Wireless who supposedly was behind Zebra always centered on some scheme to use the net to make free cell calls.

Change the name and keep selling stuff to dealers?

I can't believe the media is falling for this.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=4101

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2342994,00.asp

http://www.zer01mobile.com/

Device(s)
    Nokia 8800 Sirocco Edition
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well, i unno bout this one....since the media is up on this one, if it's a scam, there will be big trouble

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even if it were legit, they're a couple years too late (pricing wise) and a couple of years too early (technology wise) with their offering. We're seeing carriers and MVNOs offering $50 unlimited left and right. $70 won't cut it anymore.

Also, a quick whois lookup reveals that the domain is owned/operated by Unified Technologies Group, a self-proclaimed "conglomerate". I'm just not too comfortable with this.
    i know mvno

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drprepaid
    Even if it were legit, they're a couple years too late (pricing wise) and a couple of years too early (technology wise) with their offering. We're seeing carriers and MVNOs offering $50 unlimited left and right. $70 won't cut it anymore.
    Yeah but $70 includes unlimited data too, and $80 includes unlimited calling to 40 countries. I suppose it could come in handy for someone who does a lot of international calling.
    iPhone 7 Plus - Sprint SERO
    iPhone 6 Plus - Altice (testing)

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Maybe it is real. They're going to be at the CTIA.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    A little further research and it doesn't look like theres any association with Zebra but I still am skeptical. The pc mag article quotes them as saying they use both ATT and TMo towers similar to Jasper. I don't know any phones that will operate in 3G on both. Even if they did theres too much latency for voip on current cell 3G.

Device(s)
    i930 (for sale)
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    Even if they did theres too much latency for voip on current cell 3G.
    Not really... I've ran skype clearly over a 3g ATT connection, sounded perfectly fine.
    Looking to buy something online? Try getaproduct.com

Would still be interested in selling my Motorola i930. Not in the best condition (outside lcd screen doesn't work, spring to flip the phone shut won't click closed anymore) - but hey, that just means I'd sell it for less . Unlocked and decerted, of course . PM me if interested.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    I guess that depends on your definition of perfectly fine. Using Skype from a home pc with a much better connection than ATT 3G leaves much to be desired imo.

I doubt it gets out of beta if it gets that far.

Quote Originally Posted by domchristopher
    Not really... I've ran skype clearly over a 3g ATT connection, sounded perfectly fine.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I read that it will even work over GPRS and EDGE. I didn't think GPRS could handle much of anything. Was this information that I read correct?

Device(s)
    Vertu Ascent Ti - Blue
    Feedback Score

too little too late

Overpriced, limited in appeal, complicated, and suspect reliability. Who comes up with these terrible MVNO ideas?

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    I read that it will even work over GPRS and EDGE. I didn't think GPRS could handle much of anything. Was this information that I read correct?
    back to 11-12 years ago, while most of internet were using 56k, even 33.6k
    some internet calling option appeared
    MS netmeeting
    internet phone
    Qtalk (for ICQ)
    even old MSN messenger with voice

then voice over GPRS is still possible (can sustain up to 48kbps)

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    i930 (for sale)
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    I guess that depends on your definition of perfectly fine. Using Skype from a home pc with a much better connection than ATT 3G leaves much to be desired imo.

I doubt it gets out of beta if it gets that far.
    Yea, well I meant that it sounded just as good a normal cell phone conversation or a skype call over dsl, for that matter. But whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    I've tried doing it over GPRS before, and, despite the post above me, I'm skeptical of it working decently at any lower latencies than 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezepaw
    Overpriced, limited in appeal, complicated, and suspect reliability. Who comes up with these terrible MVNO ideas?
    Are you kidding? Sure it might be more complicated, but people are paying $60 a month for 5gb. I'm sure unlimited 3g with no restrictions for $10 more would be quite popular, if ATT does really allow it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce
    back to 11-12 years ago, while most of internet were using 56k, even 33.6k
    some internet calling option appeared
    MS netmeeting
    internet phone
    Qtalk (for ICQ)
    even old MSN messenger with voice

then voice over GPRS is still possible (can sustain up to 48kbps)
    Yea, um - have you tried those services? Bad as they are with dial-up, they are TERRIBLE on gprs.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Well I don't think they would be offering this if it doesn't work. It looks like someone is going to need to try it and report back. Maybe Prepaid Reviews will have a review on it.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    From Phonescoop's main page...

Zer01 Provides More Details About Its Service
    Today, 9:07 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Today Zer01 offered more insight to how its planned unlimited voice and data mobile services will work. For $70 per month, Zer01 users will get unlimited service across the U.S., and according to Zer01, around the world. Zer01 said it plans to announce an international unlimited voice and data service without any commitments or contracts in the near future, though it didn't say what the pricing would be. Zer01 need to provide their own smartphones. The company has licensed patent-pending proprietary Veritable Mobile Convergence (VMC) Technology from the Unified Technologies Group, which also happens to own Zer01. This technology bypasses carrier circuit-switched channels by funneling voice communications through a VoIP system and onto a virtual private network that accesses the Internet. This is what allows Zer01 users to make voice calls or access the Internet through AT&T's network.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Dom just to be clear Skype isn't voip in the strictest sense but aside from that were you using a laptop or an underpowered 400mhz winmo like Zer01 is talking about here?

They are talking about using both TMo and ATT networks and having everything back-hauled to them. A virtual private wireless network.
    They run a voip network under another name. They also mention traffic shaping to prevent abuse (yeah, unlimited right). As you said skype or voip client on gprs (or edge imo) won't work.

The beta is supposed to start April 1 did anyone with a winmo sign up to test it?

Quote Originally Posted by domchristopher
    Yea, well I meant that it sounded just as good a normal cell phone conversation or a skype call over dsl, for that matter. But whatever....

I've tried doing it over GPRS before, and, despite the post above me, I'm skeptical of it working decently at any lower latencies than 3g.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast