Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: ZER01 - Buzzirk Mobile: Unlimited talk/messages/data gsm/3g $79.95 month July 1st

Feedback Score

Zer01 :Beyond Buzzirk, Voip technical explanation (somewhat)

Interesting articles. http://www.twice.com/article/314825-...o_Carriers.php

Explains the technical side a little. Describes it as Pre-4G Lte equivalent.
    http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/s...leID=218401518

Now claiming a August 1 international rollout (nothing about USA), and tested speeds up to 7.2 megabits a second (the target speed for Att's upcoming enhancement on its 3G network).

August 1? 2023?
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 07-10-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    I don't know too much about the tech side of things but if it goes through and from what i here their plans will be available for the public in mid or late Aug.

Me, I personally hope it goes through, this will save me a bunch starting in only a few months, and hundreds by the end of the year.

fingers crossed.
    Unlimited Everything Cell Phone Plans Provided By - Buzzirk Mobile Running Off Of A 5g Network!

Device(s)
    Samsung T201G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I looked at their site about two months ago, with the distributorships and all and thought then that it sounded like a form of pyramid scam where the new investors funds are used to pay to older ones, and the membership levels flare out like a pyramid (two members sell to four, then that four sell to eight, and so on). My impression is that it was a way for the original investors to get money from new ones without actually selling anything. We need an FBI investigation of these ol' boys!

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Multi-layer marketing is not in itself illegal ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing ); legitimate direct sales organizations like Mary Kay, Avon and Tupperware have used this strategy for decades. Key thing is are their salespeople aware of the pros/cons of a working for a MLM sales organization and are their salespeople selling a properly advertised legitimate product or service at a fair (and non-price fixed; Amway ran into problems on that years ago) price and delivering that product. So far they have had problems with the proper advertising (overhyped "5g") and I've yet to see an actual Zero1/Buzzirk Mobile phone in use by anyone.
    My more immediate concern with this product is it's technical and financial viability. On a technical standpoint their press release state the VOIP phone call technology will work over any data network and specify GPRS, EDGE, 3G. 3G I agree with, I've used Skype on an experimental basis on my AT&T Tilt. I question whether voice quality will suffer with EDGE and particularly with GPRS. Secondly there is the question of the financial viability of offering true unlimited data with no data caps or bandwidth throttling. The backbone carriers will likely step in if their networks are overutilized by restricting bandwidth or charging Buzzirk/Zero1 for excess use (whether or not it's passed on to the subscriber). There are currently some instances of true unlimited service...Sprint does offer hybrid 3G/4G modems that have 5 gb caps on 3g but none on 4G (primarily Baltimore, MD on the east coast) other than there might be a fair usage clause in their service contracts.
    Having said all that I really do wish them well with their venture. There are people who can use a product like this (although I'm not one of them).

Feedback Score
    ^ A friendly reminder for all Zer01/Buzzirk Mobile distributors/resellers: While HoFo welcomes discussions of the services, please DON'T ADVERTISE in your posts & signatures. Alternatively, why not consider to become one of our official sponsors ? Thank you for your attention.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    @wallnleo

Unlimited Everything Cell Phone Plans Provided By - Buzzirk Mobile Running Off Of A 5g Network!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    i know mvno

Feedback Score
    No kidding! I've seen that claim up enough so much that whatever already.
    All that thunder and no lightning. If this thing is even real, then some other mvno is going to scoop it up. Buzzirk is fizzling big time . No phones, no sims, no service, no money, no nothing. Wonder how much they made on their signups from resellers (who sold to other resellers and so on and so on...lol)

I saw that the Canadian one got pushed back to September. By then, the competition will be even more crazy in the prepaid biz, talk about exploding at launchpad. Or more like not even getting off the ground...

I hope the guys from Buzzirk and Zer01 are reading all this and know how they are REALLY viewed...lol

Addtional: check out this thread from Scam.com
    Zer01 ceo Ben Piilani dui arrest. And additional investigation reveals more of shady stuff. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=118599

Beautiful. And the head of MLM partner Global Verge was arrested for securities fraud five years ago according to the Canuck thread.

Nice.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 07-20-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    Addtional: check out this thread from Scam.com
    Zer01 ceo Ben Piilani dui arrest. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=118599
    ok so what..... nobody else on this planet has dont that b4..?? Nobody gets dui and runs into a parked car..?? That crap happens daily to TONS of people, but now that he was involved in this he is the bad guy and just cause he is a ceo that makes it worse.... OH PLEASE..!! sh*t happens to everyone and just cause he is the ceo means nothing, its pure coinsidence...

Beautiful. And the head of MLM partner Global Verge was arrested for securities fraud five years ago according to the Canuck thread. Nice.
    that there is something to talk about... that is a bit different.
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen
    I've used Skype on an experimental basis on my AT&T Tilt. I question whether voice quality will suffer with EDGE and particularly with GPRS.
    while i was in BELIZE i used skype on my tilt and it was over EDGE and it worked fine. It was a 20 min call and not one time did the voice quality fade out or cut out. I was impressed..!!
    But i dont think i would even use gprs... not that i can even get gprs out here cause if i dont have 3g, its always edge, ive never seen gprs on this phone here locally...

Device(s)
    Samsun Galaxy
    Feedback Score
    Have to wait and see I guess.

Feedback Score

Hitting the fan...Global Verge CEO steps down and more

Investigative news article digging up deep on Zer01, Global Verge and Buzzirk Wireless.
    http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=999...926AB7263EB5C4
    Att and Tmobile state they have no relationship with Zer01.
    Global Verge/Buzzirk Wireless Big Wig stepping down according to Zer01 CEO.
    Zer01 CEO unhappy with finding out Global Verge's leader's shady past and brushes with law on failed previous business schemes.
    And more.

The cracks are showing. Collapse already.

Feedback Score
    Yup same article featured on Slashdot....

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/0...Offer?from=rss

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Wow, the story is quite an eye-opener.
    As noted in the article, technically impossible for them to launch with no relationship with AT&T or T-Mo (only 2 with native national GSM footprint).
    At this point I can't see this being technically or financially viable.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    ZerO1, Global Verge & Buzzkill sleep with the fishes after that IDG expose.

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    Investigative news article digging up deep on Zer01, Global Verge and Buzzirk Wireless.
    http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=999...926AB7263EB5C4
    Att and Tmobile state they have no relationship with Zer01.
    Global Verge/Buzzirk Wireless Big Wig stepping down according to Zer01 CEO.
    Zer01 CEO unhappy with finding out Global Verge's leader's shady past and brushes with law on failed previous business schemes.
    And more.

The cracks are showing. Collapse already.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 plus, Google Nexus 6p, Blackberry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Google Fi, Vivo Brasil
    Feedback Score
    There's an article about them on the Computerworld site. The article just screams SCAM.

The best quote from the article:

Even a customer service representative on a Buzzirk sales site said via instant message that Zer01 owns the spectrum. "They use GSM phones and 2100 mhz. They have a fiber backbone that the service runs over. They convert the service to a digital signal in the phone and that is one reason it transmits as a digital code through the 2100 mhz and is faster," said Matt Chandler, the service representative.

I have to get one of these nifty phones that transmits this "digital code," it sounds revolutionary. They are promising unlimited talk - and statements like this ABSOLUTELY deliver.

I think the next thing we'll hear from these guys is something about "negativity" in the press causing them to have to cancel their "launch." Or the dog ate it. More sales-speak to be sure.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast