Device(s)
    Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzajam
    the ms app crashed on my vista64 box but worked fine on my vista32 laptop.

I knew it was just a matter of time before this got worked around. Now i can install my garmin nav

I had the same problem running the MS APP on my vista64 laptop (crashed immediately every time I opened it)...problem is, the Vista64 laptop is my only PC. On two different Samsung Jack's I ran just the clearsecurity.cab and was able to install various programs (without using the MS app) - NES emulator, Google Maps, etc. (all of which wouldn't install before clear security was used).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxrCorey
    I had the same problem running the MS APP on my vista64 laptop (crashed immediately every time I opened it)...problem is, the Vista64 laptop is my only PC. On two different Samsung Jack's I ran just the clearsecurity.cab and was able to install various programs (without using the MS app) - NES emulator, Google Maps, etc. (all of which wouldn't install before clear security was used).
    I installed and ran Google Maps just fine on the Jack way before I unlocked the security.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    yeah i was able to install google maps from the word go. could not, however, install google mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzajam
    yeah i was able to install google maps from the word go. could not, however, install google mobile app
    ...maybe it was google mobile app then, my apologies.

Device(s)
    Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PS....anyone who installs the "clearsecurity.cab" file should remove the program, "mobicontrol" as soon as it is installed. I was having major battery drain problems, and turns out once I removed this program it was night and day for the phones battery life!

Heres the thread with my Jack battery experience (in case someone wants the details) http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538536

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just so everybody is clear about what happened: Someone found out that SOTI Mobi Control could loosen enough of the tier 2 security to allow Microsoft's Security Configuration program to finish the app-unlocking job. The guy posted the MobiControl.cab file, renaming it ClearSecurity.cab so others could use it. Hopefully the cab posted was the trial version of the program and not the full one - that'd make it warez but just in case, unless you have a license for Mobi Control ($550 covering 10 devices is the least expensive), it's best to uninstall that Mobi Control program after app-unlocking your phone.

Device(s)
    Just Jack!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am getting an error when I try to run the security configuration manager, it says the program has stopped working, and it wont even open up. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried running it on vista and xp, same issue. =[

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You have to run it on XP, it will not run on Vista, this is what I had to do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    Also, you can remove those AT&T bloatware links from the Start menu.

How do you do this, is it through the regisitry you remove it?

TG

Device(s)
    Just Jack!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmm, are you sure about running the MS Security Config Manager on XP? because when I tried to run it on XP, it also crashed the same way as on Vista...and thats on both my machine loaded with Vista and XP, and an XP only machine =/ I can give it another try on yet another PC.

For the removal of ATT apps, I heard you gotta do it through ActiveSync on XP, and you need to turn on your "view hidden files" or something, search this forum, theres a post about it in the General Jack thread I think

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by telus_guy
    You have to run it on XP, it will not run on Vista, this is what I had to do.
    Not true. I ran the Security Config Tool successfully on Vista Home Premium 32-bit (service pack 2).

Quote Originally Posted by telus_guy
    How do you do this, is it through the regisitry you remove it?

TG
    To remove AT&T's Start Menu links, you connect the phone via your computer and delete the shortcuts from there. You have to navigato to "\Windows\Start Menu" but you won't see the Windows folder until you set your desktop OS to reveal hidden files. From any Windows Explorer folder window, press ALT+T for the Tools menu, then select Folder Options. Click on the View page tab and click on "Display hidden files or folers", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

Device(s)
    Samsung Jack (Main)
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    CeluGeek, I tried to delete the AT&T folders and it said I didn't have permission to delete them. Since this is a company laptop is this due to the permissions they set me up with in the beginning? Is there any way to override this?

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you use Vista, you will have this permission problem. You need to use XP.

Device(s)
    Samsung Jack i637
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm trying to install clearsecurity.cab on my jack but I keep getting a message that it can't be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it. I've seen other people expressing the same problem but I have not been able to find any solutions.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    Just so everybody is clear about what happened: Someone found out that SOTI Mobi Control could loosen enough of the tier 2 security to allow Microsoft's Security Configuration program to finish the app-unlocking job. The guy posted the MobiControl.cab file, renaming it ClearSecurity.cab so others could use it.
    Just for the record, that someone was me. And to be clear about what is happening here - PocketNow posted an early trial that I was working with. Unfortunately, they got it all wrong. You don't need to do ANY of the steps outlined in that post. For all the details about how this works and to get the most recent version of the cab file, please check out:

http://www.mobilejaw.com/articles/20...ndard-devices/

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast