Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    droid Nov 2010, time to start looking
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Mick, haven't seen you posting in BB sections much recently. How you liking the pre, see that it has dropped on your list under the tour. Sholes going to make it on to the top of the list and replace the BB?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi
    Mick, haven't seen you posting in BB sections much recently. How you liking the pre, see that it has dropped on your list under the tour. Sholes going to make it on to the top of the list and replace the BB?
    I'm still on BB... Just got my Tour yesterday actually. You don't see me posting much in the Blackberry forums because, in all honesty, they're kind of boring. The subjects are, constantly, regurgitated and uninteresting. In general, Blackberries do what they do, and they do it well, but there's not a helluva lot to say about them.

The Pre was never my main phone. I actually won it and have been using it as a secondary device. Because it doesn't have my number attached to it, I really can't use it as it should be used.

As far as the Sholes goes. I'd love for it to become my main phone. I'll definitely be purchasing it and it will get a serious shot at being my main phone. Whether it sticks around or not is going to depend on how it holds up when compared to Blackberry.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got word that 15,000 of these units are going out to Verizon employees for user testing right now.

Can anyone verify that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    I just got word that 15,000 of these units are going out to Verizon employees for user testing right now.

Can anyone verify that?
    wasn't there a test model months ago that was being used to test?

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul Silverman
    This a test to test the test phones that have already been tested.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    yea but it is/was an older hardware build if I'm not mistaken. These I believe will be final build with the most current s/w on them that would more then likely be shipped on the device when it is finally released.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, on the Motorola level. Now there is a Verizon user test release. The new firmware bricks the old hardware.

Feedback Score
    Yes, on the Motorola level. Now there is a Verizon user test release. The new firmware bricks the old hardware.

Ah, so this means the Sholes is getting close to an actual Oct release....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    yea but it is/was an older hardware build if I'm not mistaken. These I believe will be final build with the most current s/w on them that would more then likely be shipped on the device when it is finally released.

So hardware could change a bit on the Sholes too like the red d pad being a different color?

Device(s)
    V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the test model was thoroughly tested by Verizon's Department of Redundancy Department.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark7
    Yes, the test model was thoroughly tested by Verizon's Department of Redundancy Department.
    Dude. That made my day.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    So hardware could change a bit on the Sholes too like the red d pad being a different color?
    The last unit I saw the red d-pad was already gone, just like the more current pics on the float in all black. The picks of the unit with red on the float are the original hardware, which as wnrussell said brick if you put the newest s/w on them.

Highly doubt it. Normally from what I've been told it is about 60 days after VZW
    gets them out for testing on there end. Which would put us mid to late Nov. And if so that is fine by me as long as it is before Black Friday so they can get there sales rolling.

Device(s)
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i can't wait to see the current hardware. hopefully some pics leak soon.

Device(s)
    Now: (2) Droid2G, Samsung Zeal|Past: Motorola VU30, e815, v276pp, v265, 120c, MicroTAC; Samsung
    Carrier(s)
    Airtouch ;)
    Feedback Score
    ...The new firmware bricks the old hardware.
    Yup, sounds like things are nearing release. They're just past the point of bricking the hardware.
    Tom

"Fundamentally, there are only two ways of coordinating the economic activities of millions. One is central direction involving the use of coercion - the technique of the army and of the modern totalitarian state. The other is voluntary cooperation of individuals - the technique of the marketplace."
    -- Milton Friedman

Device(s)
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great news.

I'm personally getting excited for the Moto Dev Summit and CTIA in October, but I'm more excited to hear for a firm release date. Hopefully Aixelsyd is right and we'll see this out in the next 2 months AND before black friday.

Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 90 140 ... LastLast