Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N97: Official Bugs, Issues, Problems thread

Device(s)
    N97 (9's only) :)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fldude99
    Here's a small bug I've noticed..when in a call, with no other apps running (including NM), the phone asks for permission to make an internet connection. If I cancel, it comes back...if I accept, it makes the 3G connection and breaks the 3G connection after hanging up..anyone else?
    Because my 3G connection is almost on most of the day, I have not received a call without this connection and during the call it wanted to connect. no help here.

Device(s)
    Lumia 920, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ozer19
    @ Stolenvw and nMIK-3

That is strange. Are you guys using Nokia Messaging? If so I can put checkmarks on highlighted messages by simply pressing Spacebar.

Are you in US? May be it is some weird firmware difference?
    Not Nokia Messaging, I am talking about Regular Messaging and SMS/MMS.

MiVADiKA.com :: Technology's Resurrection

Feedback Score

Time to let Nokia Know we want some cash back N97

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/NokiaN97/

Sign the petition to get your refund for beta testing your brand spanking new N97. There are too many 'minor' software issues that we should be rewarded with our support for a buggy device. Simple stuff like the UNLOCK SLIDE button doesn't always turn the back light on. Apple gave their 1st iPhone users a $100 rebate, Nokia should too!

Nokia know they have a problem

The discussion boards are a user-to-user troubleshooting forum. Nokia staff from various departments monitor from time to time, but this is not the place to solicit a direct response from Nokia.

If you require a direct reply from Nokia on any subject, you need to contact Nokia Care in your own country via the phone and e-mail links on the relevant Nokia web site.

We do not allow discussion about Petition signing or so on. Please refrain from posting such informations.

They keep deleting my Petition posts
    Last edited by awysocki; 06-19-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated URL and added Nokia email support text

Device(s)
    nokia n97-3 (NAM)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I signed the petition. I'm so frustrated heh.

It's better now with my new simcard, but sheesh. This is not even cool.

I can understand that nokia wanted to get the n97 out at the same time as the palm pre and the iphone 3g S, but a couple more weeks of testing could have at least ironed out a few more bugs.

I mean, ****, it doesn't even seem like they did any USA field testing at all with all the problems that we have.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 + sandisk 8GB microSDHC
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone uk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorgow
    I signed the petition. I'm so frustrated heh.

It's better now with my new simcard, but sheesh. This is not even cool.

I can understand that nokia wanted to get the n97 out at the same time as the palm pre and the iphone 3g S, but a couple more weeks of testing could have at least ironed out a few more bugs.

I mean, ****, it doesn't even seem like they did any USA field testing at all with all the problems that we have.
    tbh nokia have had enuf time to sort it out, its been 6 months since it was announced.
    www.SymbianScientist.com
    ------------------------------------------

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had an "iPhone 3G" simcard and didnt have the reboot problem, but my phone loved to brick itself.

OMeGa

http://www.brandonbianchi.com
    Reviews & More... See for Yourself

Nokia N97 White with at&t
    -backup-
    SonyEricsson W810i with at&t
    Samsung A-727 with at&t

For Sale: HTC FUZE - Unlocked

My iPod Touch is the best iPhone ive ever owned. Never drops a call!

My Feedback Here

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Feedback Score
    Ack total brick. It crashed while using the FM transmitter, then it tried to reboot. Had it for about a day, 1st reboot, never got any from 3g browsing or internet use.

Now it is stuck at the "Nokia" screen all lit up. Took out the battery, nothing, it is always stuck at the "Nokia" screen all lit up. Even just plugging in the charger while it is off it turns on and gets stuck at the "Nokia" screen. Looks like it is going to RMA, but Nokia can't process it till Mon since their system is being updated.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What version of Opera Mini is everyone using?

EDIT: Petition signed
    Jason Kiang

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkiang
    What version of Opera Mini is everyone using?

EDIT: Petition signed
    I'm using whatever installs from the mini.opera.com website

Device(s)
    Nokia Phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Dead Pixels!!!

Have have 3 dead pixels on my N97 that can only be seen when I have black background.

Damn, am I the only unlucky one for is there others out there?

Going to try to get an exchange from Nokia store... This is the 2nd N97 I'm going through... the first one had software/widget problems now this one is hardware...

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ming387
    Have have 3 dead pixels on my N97 that can only be seen when I have black background.

Damn, am I the only unlucky one for is there others out there?

Going to try to get an exchange from Nokia store... This is the 2nd N97 I'm going through... the first one had software/widget problems now this one is hardware...
    In my experience with the N95 and the E71, what I thought were dead pixels actually went away after a few days (7 days for my N95 (had a black horizontal line right across the middle of the screen that disappeared gradually throughout that week) and 5 days for 2 "dead" pixels to go away on my E71). My advice is wait a few days before sending it back

Device(s)
    present:nokia n97
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i am suprise to see such many people having issues with the n97. i dont know where you guys got your phone but something is up. i got mines and i havent had any issues. the only issues i had was the gif problem but it seem that no one mention it. so it is either i am doing something or what. but its weird to see so many issues.

Device(s)
    Nokia Phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaxx
    In my experience with the N95 and the E71, what I thought were dead pixels actually went away after a few days (7 days for my N95 (had a black horizontal line right across the middle of the screen that disappeared gradually throughout that week) and 5 days for 2 "dead" pixels to go away on my E71). My advice is wait a few days before sending it back
    I think with your pixel problem it was an minor one that can be fixed using a color flashing software like the one below:

http://www.knoxing.com/iphone-app/#_home

I tried rubbing the dead pixel with my finger and that software with no luck. These are dead "dead" pixels.

Thanks for the info thou.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 White {pre-order}
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I dont know if anyone has tried this or not But I tried it and it did not work.
    IF you try to attach a file in your email from your external memory as in MicroSD it wont recognize teh Microsd when you click on attachments with email. Stange thing. They really need to pay me back for discovering this lol. ANd oh yeah I have the unlock problem i was thinking about calling them on that.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by illmatic416
    If this becomes the "official bugs, issues, and problems thread," the main bug/issue I have is with the backlight not coming on unless you lock and unlock the screen again. Only a few people have this issue, so it doesn't look like it's a widespread thing...bad batch possibly.

There is a music player widget that lets you control play, pause, forward, etc.
    I faced this problem with my 5800, I fixed it by updating the firmware.

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast