Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: enV3 VX9200 and Bitpim

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djsolo13 View Post
    turn on sms access in the lgservice menu as i posted should work . i have env3 and 2 both sms access thru bitpim
    Thanks. I really appreciate the help! I still can't get the "sms access" screen to let me change its setting from "Off" to "On". I can toggle from the "Off" radio button to the "On" radio button, but when I then hit "OK" the "Off" button remains selected. Am I missing something?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    you might need to edit fileDB change the last hex from 30 to 31 then then try the sms access again if you need more helpi will hook up the phone and see whats holding you up just msg me anytime
    100 gun's, 100 clip's cuz im from Detroit

-------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Feedback Score
    Can you tell me how to access the fileDB?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    yeah conecct phone to pc and use bitpim open filesystem browse to browser folder save file db to pc then hexedit with winhex or your hex eiter of choice then edit the last line that the 30 in it which should on it own in the line athen change it to 31. save then save file back to phone by pverwriting it . bam all done them try ##lgservicemenu

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    privagte msg if ya still having trouble i will walk thru it woth you. holla at me!

Feedback Score
    OK. Thanks! I got all that and edited the fileDB and overwrote it back onto Bitpim. At least I think I did it right. Now when I do a hexdump on the fileDB the 30 is now 31. Is that all it takes to get it back on the phone? Anyway, it didn't change things when I go to the ##lgservicemenu and try to turn on the sms access. The phone still will not let me turn it "On". Anything else I can try?

Feedback Score

Enable SMS modify on VX9200

I'm having the same issue on mine. I modded the fileDB to 31 and was able to change my WAP settings, but my SMS settings cannot be turned 'ON' no matter how many times I select it I'd love to get this working...

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    SMS Settings

My only problem is not being able to connect to the LG Service Menu in the first place. I attempt to dial and end up with a fast busy signal. My provider is Telus. (if that makes much of a difference)

BitPim is able to read everything else.

Suggestions?

Thanx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3