Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Sony Ericson / Rogers Launch X1

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I noticed last night around 10pm site removed "out of stock" from French one and few minutes later - the English one. However I was trying to order mine today, they keep telling me it is out of stock. Will try again on Monday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leobg
    I noticed last night around 10pm site removed "out of stock" from French one and few minutes later - the English one. However I was trying to order mine today, they keep telling me it is out of stock. Will try again on Monday.
    I called in this morning when it was in stock and apparently it's in stock for new activations, but not HUPs. They are supposed two different departments.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That's about what the agent told me yesterday afternoon

Device(s)
    W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just called, still out of stock, yet site shows its in stock.
    Was told to go to their store and get mine, but I wanna call the stores first before going, problem is, their new site's store locator is a total fail. Any postal code, or city I put in returns nothing.

Feedback Score
    i had to return mine for some reason the top row of keys were so dim. you could hardly see them in the dark compared to my friends .

Feedback Score
    I have a favor to ask of anyone here I recently bought a SGP sticker for my xperia and I was wondering if anyone could apply it on my phone. I would apply it on myself but I don't have steady hands from recent surgery. Thanks in advance
    end of contract

Fastest Teathering Speeds on my K850i

Feedback Score
    does the camera button works for you guys?
    when i push down half way it will focus but when i push it all the way down it won't take a pic
    and i heard when you push the camera button down it's a short cut to open the camera program too but mine doesn't do that
    i was wondering if mine busted or is the same for you guys too?

Device(s)
    SE W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Press Harder

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjuta
    does the camera button works for you guys?
    when i push down half way it will focus but when i push it all the way down it won't take a pic
    and i heard when you push the camera button down it's a short cut to open the camera program too but mine doesn't do that
    i was wondering if mine busted or is the same for you guys too?

I found I had to press pretty hard to get it to work.

Device(s)
    SE W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Disable the Automatic GPRS data

I love the phone, but you can't disable the GPRS data from automatically connecting. The "Data Connection" option under the "Connection Manager" only turns it on or off, it does not disable it from being used if required.

Now, this could be a problem when we roam (heck, isn't that what a GSM is for!). I don't want it automatically connecting to gprs (and the high data cost) when I am out of the country.

I found a couple of registry keys that I can change that seem to disable the Automatic GPRS data connection. Search the registry for "Rogers Internet" and "Rogers Media" keys under each of these keys there is an "Enabled" setting. Currently it is 1, if I set it to 0 and try a data connection it comes up with this connection is not available when it tries to do an automatic data connection (which is what I want). Returning these settings to 1 when I want a connection restores everything.

On my phone this key is under:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\RogersMedia]
    "ConnectionGUID"="{B1ACE688-16EF-77A0-884E-BDDD78321753}"

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Rogers Internet]
    "ConnectionGUID"="{65294ED1-B095-18AD-D88B-5FFE61F0F66A}"

Has anyone else come across any other options for doing this?

Feedback Score
    i pressed it as hard as i can
    the button does make a clicking sound but picture won't take
    ordered it from the rogers website too
    anyone know if i have to call rogers to mail it back to them for warrenty or can i bring it to a local rogers store for warrenty?

Device(s)
    Nokia8801
    Feedback Score
    you have to call in for warranty exchange~
    Hofo Feedback

I am a Mobilicity dealer @ Ottawa. PM me if you got any qustions.

$40 Unlimited North America Calling. Unlimited Data (NOT limited to tethering).
    CallID & VoiceMail. Unlimited TXT (including international TXT) still available!

ALL mobilicit phones are 10% OFF. Contact me for more details.
    613-220-0815.
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonc
    I love the phone, but you can't disable the GPRS data from automatically connecting. The "Data Connection" option under the "Connection Manager" only turns it on or off, it does not disable it from being used if required.

Now, this could be a problem when we roam (heck, isn't that what a GSM is for!). I don't want it automatically connecting to gprs (and the high data cost) when I am out of the country.

I found a couple of registry keys that I can change that seem to disable the Automatic GPRS data connection. Search the registry for "Rogers Internet" and "Rogers Media" keys under each of these keys there is an "Enabled" setting. Currently it is 1, if I set it to 0 and try a data connection it comes up with this connection is not available when it tries to do an automatic data connection (which is what I want). Returning these settings to 1 when I want a connection restores everything.

On my phone this key is under:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\RogersMedia]
    "ConnectionGUID"="{B1ACE688-16EF-77A0-884E-BDDD78321753}"

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Rogers Internet]
    "ConnectionGUID"="{65294ED1-B095-18AD-D88B-5FFE61F0F66A}"

Has anyone else come across any other options for doing this?
    Nothing in Registry. Delete Rogers in the settings, so it wont access it at all.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun_Rudra
    Nothing in Registry. Delete Rogers in the settings, so it wont access it at all.
    Run Schap's Advanced Configuration software (Download from this page)

Go to Menu-->More Settings-->Connections.

From there, disable Rogers Media and Rogers Internet.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    question, i hup'd to the xperia 1 from rogers and heard there was a $50 rebate.. where do i find the MIR form? its not in the box it came with?

Device(s)
    SE Xperia X1a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lexcavaj
    question, i hup'd to the xperia 1 from rogers and heard there was a $50 rebate.. where do i find the MIR form? its not in the box it came with?
    I was told the same by my CSR. Where is the MIR??

I think I may have to call back and get that promised $50 manually added. This will be difficult

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast