Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Sony Ericson / Rogers Launch X1

Device(s)
    Nokia N80
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Toronto)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPaFleXx
    with bbconnect now on the X1 would the $15 bb email plan work with this device?
    It should. It connects through the BB APN so I think you have to call Data (1-866-931-3282) and add the BB Data APN to your account. I added it originally because I still wanted to switch back and forth between my Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by Treatz
    If you got onboard the 6 gig data package back when they were out but went with the Smartphone (iphone, jack) packages and not the berry package is all hope lost

no

call into data
    1.866.931.data

request: APN3CON to be added onto your data profile
    do not CHANGE your package or ask the rep to CHANGE ou to the berry package
    simply ask for APN3CON and that will do it.
    Another caveat: BlackBerry Connect is only version 4.0, so NO HTML email support yet.

Feedback Score
    One thing that really bothers me compared to my Samsung Omnia i900, is when dialing numbers manually the input and sound lag on the x1a.

On the samsung omnia i900 i can glide my fingers across the numbers and it doesn't lag at all, though with the x1a its like you have to press the keys slower so they register.

Device(s)
    unlocked Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPTN
    Running BlackBerry Connect on my X1a (V-Lite 4.3 ROM).

BIS works fine. Can also receive PIN messages (cannot reply).
    Don't have a BES account to test. No BlackBerry Messenger, yet.
    (Hopefully the BlackBerry Application Suite is still on track for release.)

If using a Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM, a registry edit is necessary BEFORE installing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17&postcount=3

When I download the file from Sony Ericsson webpage it is only .cab file and it said I need the .exe file to install.
    How can you install the BBC to your Rogers X1? Thanks...
    ~ What is a landline phone? ~

Here's my feedback (24/24 positive): http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ght=%2Bpercyng

Phone history:
    HTC Legend -> Motorola Milestone -> SE X10 -> Samsung Galaxy -> iphone 3GS -> SE X1 -> SE T707 -> HTC Magic -> N95 -> Storm -> BB 8900 -> BB Bold -> E71 -> HTC Diamond -> BB 8220 -> Iphone 3G -> LG Vu -> Pearl -> Red Pearl -> a736 -> K850i -> 6120 Classic -> Razr2 V9 -> iphone -> Curve -> White Pearl -> BB 8700 etc....

Device(s)
    Nokia N80
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Toronto)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by percyng
    When I download the file from Sony Ericsson webpage it is only .cab file and it said I need the .exe file to install.
    How can you install the BBC to your Rogers X1? Thanks...
    ? You copy the .CAB file to your Xperia (storage card) and you run it using File Explorer or Total Commander.

It then installs. You can't run CABs on your [Windows XP/Vista/7] computer. They're Windows Mobile executables.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone had the cracked casing issue with their ROGERS Xperia yet?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsi76
    Has anyone had the cracked casing issue with their ROGERS Xperia yet?
    unfortunately yes, but it was my fault too. the phone slipped in my hand and fell 2 inches to my into the surface of my work table. i checked the side, i found a small crack near the volume buttons. but thats about it...

Feedback Score
    I just installed blackberry connect. On first try everything seemed okay except i got an error on blackberry browsing service and it just restarted my xperia. All in all so far so good

edit : Blackberry browser does not work :T
    end of contract

Fastest Teathering Speeds on my K850i

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Ace II
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ
    Feedback Score
    ChinMonkey - Blackberry browser is going to be dependent on your having blackberry data plan, or equivalent APN codes so you can access blackberry.com directly.

Feedback Score
    can any of you guys go to mobilespeedtest.com and do a 3mb test? with IE?

Feedback Score
    i do have APN3CON on my account, I got the original 6 gig plan from way back for my curve x.x;;

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Does the Xperia X1a from Rogers have the 3G bands for Asia? I saw on the spec sheet that the HSDPA bands are 850/1900/2100 which is the same as the Blackberry Bold and the Bold can be used in Asia w/ 3G if unlocked. Just need a confirmation thanks.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    X1a HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
    These 3G bands will let you have UMTS anywhere in the world except T-mobile USA

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks. I guess I'll be getting this over the Touch Pro 2 since the 3G bands on that phone is only for North America. Is there anything else that the HTC maybe better besides the larger screen?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    It also has an accelerometer. Other than that the phones are pretty similar, IMO all WinMo phones are pretty much alike
    However the TP2 is newer, sleeker and so on I definitely would recommend it over the X1 especially that nice 3.6" screen.... X1 is kinda old now

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim-S
    It also has an accelerometer. Other than that the phones are pretty similar, IMO all WinMo phones are pretty much alike
    However the TP2 is newer, sleeker and so on I definitely would recommend it over the X1 especially that nice 3.6" screen.... X1 is kinda old now
    Ditto. Also it has better keyboard, as well as excellent speakerphone feature (X1 lacks big time on this front).

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast