Thread: 6086 Factory Reset does not fully perform factory reset, how can i fix this?

Feedback Score

6086 Factory Reset does not fully perform factory reset, how can i fix this?

I have a Nokia 6086 UMA phone, It was given to me by my father. I tried to do a Factory Reset on it, to clear off the personalization and settings, but that still left the previous information in the handset, ie the rogers IM login information was not cleared, the phone keeps creating the configuration profiles on its own, so far theres like 20 profiles for rogers access point which the phone created on its own. Lastly, I tried a software update via NSU, downloaded it and it flashed the phone to the newest version, but it still kept the personal settings, they were not wiped. Whats going on here?? I want to wipe the phone clean like it came from the factory, ie: Factory Reset all settings like when you flash it with Phoenix. How can I do this, or do i really need phoenix to do this?

Feedback Score
    ^ Many newer firmware would keep the User data even after updates, be it NSU, NCS or Phoenix, let alone the Config profiles for IM. The diff w/ Phoenix is that you can choose to do diff types of Reset.

Feedback Score
    true, i have not used phoenix in ages, but i remember i was able to flash it at one point and reset all the user data, but i see a problem in this where it keeps creating new configuration profiles on its own and they become locked so i cant even delete them. hence a factory "refresh" or "refurbish" should eliminate the problem, my 6301 does a clean flash when i use NSU to flash it. so its definately plausible. thanks for the info MHF25

Feedback Score
    ^ Refurb won't achieve your goal. Don't get confused: config profiles are part of the image according to whatever variant your phone firmware has loaded. Since there's NO production generic/unbranded variant of RM-260 - only T-Mo USA & Rogers, so no matter how many times you use NSU or even flashing the any RM-260 data package w/ Phoenix, either the T-Mo USA or Rogers config profiles will be there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 25
    ^ Refurb won't achieve your goal. Don't get confused: config profiles are part of the image according to whatever variant your phone firmware has loaded. Since there's NO production generic/unbranded variant of RM-260 - only T-Mo USA & Rogers, so no matter how many times you use NSU or even flashing the any RM-260 data package w/ Phoenix, either the T-Mo USA or Rogers config profiles will be there.
    im pretty damn sure when someone did it for me before it not only flashed it but completely wiped it clean like BNIB.

Feedback Score
    ^ You can: "cherry" pick whatever you want w/ the RM-188 (i.e. the EURO 6086 variant) PPM using other flashers like JAF or using Oxygen to customize/edit/delete config profiles individually, etc. Find that someone to do it for you again then.

But it doesn't alter the nature of what the RM-260 (6086b) data packages are for: T-Mo USA & Rogers. Period. At least, this is the official way.

Feedback Score
    just an update, i managed to get someone to flash it with phoenix and it DID infact wipe it clean, everything except the life timer. it erased all the locked configuration profiles too, and the rogers im cached login informaiton was wiped clean too. the "refurbish" option was infact chosen on the phoenix screen to achieve this. which is weird, because every other phone worked with NSU except this one. Another weird thing i noticed, since this was a factory unlocked phone from the get go, used for a specific project / implementation, it was factory unlocked, it still has the bug where if i insert a sim of a different provider and put it back, it makes another rogers configuration profile which is undeletable every time. so it will keep creting this as long as you keep swapping carrier sims and obtain "signal" it didnt do it with an unregistered sim though but the wifi fido uno/rogers talk spot works great though,

Feedback Score
    ^ You still don't get it & I've been careful about my words: Refurb option in firmware update WON'T achieve your goal COMPLETELY like I've already told you as long as your phone RM-260 has the Rogers content image i.e. RM260_??.??.image_i_rogca_rm260_v1. It's nothing about SIM-lock, it's all about BRANDED or not! You can keep flashing, try this & that e.g. format file system but would be in vain once you put in another SIM, because there's NO "generic" variant for the production data package, period.

All the newer firmware for RAP3v3 has been like that, i.e. the content, user data will survive firmware updates w/ NSU or Phoenix w/ "Restore User Product".

Life timer CAN'T be reset w/ "conventional" Phoenix (there's an "internal" one reportedly could). The only workable Life timer reset is by other flash boxes like JAF.

Feedback Score
    im not trying to argue with you man, but it DID achieve my goal. The login information in the Rogers IM was cleared, Just like i wanted it to be, the duplicate undeletable configuration profiles were also removed with the phoenix update, basically, I was looking to achieve something, and finally a friend who has access to phoenix did a favour and it worked. Im not disputing or arguing with you, im just merely stating it worked as I was hoping for. I could not care less about the life timer. He also mentioned there is an option in phoenix to "restore phone to defaults" that does not require flashing, but i have an even newer version of S/W that even NSU was offering. Thanks for the advice bro!

Feedback Score
    ^
    if i insert a sim of a different provider and put it back, it makes another rogers configuration profile which is undeletable every time. so it will keep creting this as long as you keep swapping carrier sims and obtain "signal" it didnt do it with an unregistered sim though
    Not saying you're arguing but I interpret it as "not a PERMANENT solution to achieve your goal" coz it's the nature of BRANDED model w/o any CTV/CTR variant data package. Glue your Rogers SIM in there then in this case. NSU isn't that invincible w/ many limitations, & even disastrous incidents.

Device(s)
    Nokia Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Celcom
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the post....really help me

Feedback Score
    Hi guru's,
    Is there any way to add a personal tune and make it a ring tones with Nokia 6086 (Rogers, i.e. RM-260 etc.) ?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    My don't you try the hard reset? or is it reformat?

__________________________________________________ ________________

Mobile phone guru, proud member of youserbase , the first Technology Wiki in 25 languages