Thread: Thinking of trying the Palm Pre. Anyone else?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Thinking of trying the Palm Pre. Anyone else?

I'm intrigued by the Pre for some reason and may pick one up when the GSM version is available. I think the form factor is the main driving force and I don't think I'd be as interested if it were different.

No autofocus and no video recording are my only concerns so far but not deal breakers. Any other WM die hards make the switch or are thinking about it? If you have, what has been your experience coming from WM?

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If it was available for GSM I will jump for it in a heart beat !! I also want to try and / or own a HTC Hero , now that is a sweeeeeeet sweeeeeeet device

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    the now network
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i got one, its pretty sweet. a whole lot diffrent than what i was use to using in the winmo side. it diffrent but its good i would like to see windows mobile 7 be more like it. the whole card system is a lot better then the standard wimo task manger. but some things bother me like lack of decent apps or games. im down with whole "cloud" living thing but some things just have to be local based

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am not happy with the keyboard of the N97, The 5800 is getting a little stale.

There are no WinMo phones that blow me away right now.

Maybe ill get a Pre, get it unlocked and throw it on Verizon. Can that be done yet? My dads company has him and my mom on Verizon so I would just jump in for free.

I really dont know what to do. Maybe a Blackberry? I was playing with my friends BB Storm and that is junk. I hear the Storm 2 is going to be a lot better, we will see.
    @Maevro

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I played around with a Pre this weekend at the Sprint store. It was pretty nice. Very compact. The keyboard wasn't as cramped as I thought it would be (better than Pro). However, the build quality seemed cheapy and plasticky. The phone also seemed a little slow but may not have had a reset in awhile.

The camera took nice shots and I even took a few semi- close ups that came out good.

Still not sure I can go to any other platform other than WM yet. I just have this nagging feeling that, within an hour, I'd find something I can't do that I'm totally used to doing with WM... Maybe as a second fun phone it would be OK. I don't see myself selling my D2 for quite awhile. Definitely the best WM phone I've ever used.