Thread: Where can I activate USCC prepaid?

Device(s)
    LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Where can I activate USCC prepaid?

I have an old Razr2 v9m and I would like to get this thing activated somewhere, I tried VMUSA but it says my ESN is attached to another account,

And USCC doesn't have an online activation, and I don't want to pay for an activation fee.

Any ideas where I could do it, and a place that would have coverage in the Chicago area.

Device(s)
    Sanyo Zio
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to assume this is a CDMA phone. Did you try US Cellular?
    I've now got a smartphone but at least it's an Android.

Open Source for life!

Feedback Score
    ^ Attached to another account: so isn't yours? Plz explain how you've gained the ownership of this phone.

Device(s)
    LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I purchased it on a contract with USCC but I couldn't keep the contract up. That was over a year ago.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    If you cancelled the postpaid contract with US Cellular in good faith (e.g. paid off any remaining balance plus any ETF due), you may need to contact them to release the ESN.
    Virgin Mobile usually doesn't like to reflash phones not originally theirs for prepaid service.
    Suggest instead trying Verizon service indirectly through a reseller called PagePlus (see HoFo pageplus forum). You would need to have it activated by a PagePlus dealer (several on HoFo or you can contact Pageplus directly. Rates are inexpensive and customer service is decent.
    Another suggestion would be to have it reflashed by a local CDMA carrier that offers inexpensive no frills all you can eat service such as Pocket, MetroPCS or Cricket. If they have a tower near you and you just need local wireless service this might fit the ticket. Rates are usually about $30/month for unlimited local calls.
    Other suggestion if you like Sprint prepaid service is to just buy an inexpensive Virgin Mobile prepaid phone. There are often stores selling inexpensive loss-leaders. Uses Sprint's nationwide network and some phone models offer extra features such as cameras, keyboards, etc.

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-T999, Huawei Sonic 4G Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOBILE669
    I purchased it on a contract with USCC but I couldn't keep the contract up. That was over a year ago.
    If you just booked on your contract without settling financially, you probably are holding onto a nice, expensive paperweight. You will probably have to settle your account with USCC before you will be able to activate that phone.

If you cannot afford to do that currently, might I suggest an inexpensive TracFone or its cousin Net10. Depending on how many minutes you use per month will determine which of these two are a better value for you. Hop over to the Trac/Net10 forum to read posts related to that. A couple of folks have written posts based on how much you use your phone. Trac/Net10 phones can be purchased at a number of locations in the Chicagoland area, including Walgreens, WallyWorld, and Target to name a few. Minutes can be purchased there as well.
    .:Rob Smith:.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
    T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile Hotspot
    Acer Iconia A500 - Honeycomb 3.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Red