Thread: Error in Idle Screen Theme E71x

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Error in Idle Screen Theme E71x

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I hope that maybe someone will know an easy fix. Every time I restart my Nokia e71x, I get an message stating "Error in Idle Screen Theme". The only thing that I have found that can fix it is changing the theme to another option and then changing it back. This issue only happens when using the horizontal screen theme.

Also, when I use the vertical screen theme, this error message does not display but none of my shortcuts come up right. From the home screen if I click on, for example, Media Net, it will pull up another application from the list. I'm not sure why this is or how to stop it since you can't customize what program would be linked up to the word "Media Net" (or other words) on the list...

I have had this problem on the two different phones and have factory reset each of them with no success.

Any help would be appreciated. I like this phone, but this is proving to be VERY annoying.

Feedback Score
    ^ Hi, welcome to HoFo. What kind of theme you're loading?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the exact same issue. I got the error after I did the remove bloatware trick on it. I would get the idle screen error on bootup of the phone and I noticed the wifi part on the main screen missing.

I was able to resolve it by doing a *#7370# (default code is 12345) and removing the bloatware again and this time removing the built in messaging client.