Thread: Unknown feature in text messaging

Device(s)
    LG VX9400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (Sadly)
    Feedback Score

Unknown feature in text messaging

Ive noticed when i'm writing a text message, and i have it in the "word" entry, if i press and hold one of the words i've already typed, it will magnify and add a blue background just for that word followed by some "....". What is this exactly? Also how do you get the phone to speak the words or letters as you type them, and can it actually "read out" a text message?

Feedback Score
    Would that be for copying/cutting/pasting type of functionality?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so. I suspect it might have been part of some lookup that may not have been completely implemented because of the behavior. It doesn't seem to do anything. It only works in word mode as far as I can see, it doesn't allow rotation of the display, and it doesn't work if you hide the key entry. You can probably just consider this an easter egg.

Feedback Score
    Could it then simply be a way to select a previously entered word to allow you to use the T9's next functionality to scroll through other possibilities of what you entered could match (perhaps if you overlooked it originally and then noticed you made an error and wanted to come back to fix the word)?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been trying to see if that were true, but I haven't been able to get it to actually do anything useful. I don't use predictive text entry/word mode usually so I can't think of more creative ways to explore this "feature".