Thread: Cricket, my phone is 700wx Palm Treo. Internet Connection ** URGENT **

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Palm Treo 700 wx AND INTERNET (CRICKET)

can someone help me connect to the internet using cricket?

i seriously need help

thank you

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Cricket, my phone is 700wx Palm Treo. Internet Connection ** URGENT **

Please help me! I need to have internet connection by Monday as I have a long court trial pending and it is imperative that I have internet accessibility....and NO, I am not the one being charged, I am the criminal court interpreter and I HAVE TO HAVE my online dictionary available 24/7 for reference.

I need to connect to the internet using Cricket, my phone is 700wx Palm Treo.

I have tried the following:

CRICKET INTERNET WINDOWS MOBILE

Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections.
    Everything needs to be done at this screen first.

On the advanced tab, go to "select networks"
    Make sure the top one is "work" and the bottom one is "my isp"
    Go back to the tasks tab.

Under "My ISP" go to manage connections, and hold your stylus on any existing connections, and delete them.
    Now, on the tasks tab, it should only say "add a new connection" under My ISP.

Go to the "work" settings, and hit manage connections. (or, "add a new modem connection" if manage isnt there.
    Hold your stylus on each connection, and delete them as well.
    Then add a new one.
    Call it "Cricket WAP" or something similar.
    Use the modem "Cellular line"
    #777 is number dialed
    Username is [email protected]
    Password is cricket
    Leave domain blank.
    Hit finish.

Now, on the tasks tab, go to "edit my proxy server"
    Check BOTH boxes. Enter in wap.mycricket.com in the box. Hit advanced.
    Set all 4 of them to wap.mycricket.com, port 8080, use the same username and password as the above step ([email protected] /cricket)
    Hit ok to exit out.

Go to internet explorer, and enter in http://wap.cricket.motricity.com
    It will try to dial into the connection. If it hides the connection and goes back to your IE, then you've gotten the wap set up properly.

I have also done a hard reset but still it does not work.

Thank you

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Palm Treo 700wx/Cricket internet

so does someone know? please

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Everything you need to know is here, in this forum. Use the "search" function... It"s faster than it took you to type up your question.

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    no, i copied and pasted it.

I have a problem with the password, I put the password and it changes when i try to connect. Any ideas?

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    @bobby
    what makes you think I didn't use the search function?

by common sense i have tried that already, before assuming, at least ASK FIRST

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I "assume" because if you had searched the forum, and followed the instructions to the letter, you would have AT LEAST working wap and text. (MMS is a whole other ball game) So, I'll try to help anyway... Did you try the SD Card method? You can put the Cricket NV on an SD Card, run the CDMA Updater program (both easily found through the search), making SURE to follow the instructions on how to back up your current NV first, then updating Sprint over Verizon, and vise versa. When you are done, the phone will display the opposite carriers name on the Today screen. So, if it is a branded Sprint phone, if done correctly, will then display "Verizon" on the Today screen, and vise versa. After doing this, you manually enter all the personal and wap info, like you already know how to do, and wap WILL work. I have flashed 11 Treo 700wx phones this way, both Verizon and Sprint branded phones, and have never had a single problem. MMS, however, requires a "magic cable" (rs232 serial cable), which is around $40.00. Good luck, and honestly, it is not too complicated!

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    bobboy do not "assume"" anything next time cause your answer did not help at all.

and that ""it is not complicated"" what kind of a narrowminded person would say that? doesnt occur to you that people have other ares of expertise? you know bananas as i know apples, or you will ask the engineer why he does not know about cooking?

just common sense

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    you know you came to this thread with such a nasty attitude and a very unprofessional way to help with childish innuendos do me a favor and don't waste my time

thanks

Device(s)
    PalmTreo700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    ""I "assume" because if you had searched the forum, and followed the instructions to the letter, you would have AT LEAST working wap and text"[/I]"

really? how so? do you at least know why isn't connecting, have you bothered to ask first? don't you realize that if i ask is because i still have a problem after trying all the options available? like i said BEFORE ASSUMING ASK FIRST

Feedback Score

Help!!!!

I am not able to get downloads to my flashed palm treo 700wx. I can get pictures but not music downloads. Can someone help me?