Thread: Is DirecTalk compatible with Moto talk?

Feedback Score

Is DirecTalk compatible with Moto talk?

Is DirecTalk compatible with Moto talk?

I have ZERO iDEN network signal here in Montana.

I have a Nextel i275 that runs DirecTalk.
    I'm pretty sure this Nextel i275 is 'unlocked'.

I have a Boost i415 that runs MotoTalk.
    This Boost i415 was used on AirTel.
    I expect this Boost i415 is locked.
    Does being locked matter?

I have them both on Channel 1 and Code 1.
    When I push the talk button on the Boost i415 it chips and says "Transmit" then "MT Busy" and then comes up with a message that says "User Not Available". Doing this causes the Nextel i275 to chirp and then it says "Receive" but there is nothing to receive because apparently the Boost i415 has quit trying.

If I try with the i275, I get the same messages but the i415 doesn't respond at all...

Is this supposed to work?

Device(s)
    Motorola i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    It's the same feature, if it hasn't been renamed in the software on the phone it will be "MOTOTalk", otherwise it is whatever the provider named it.

I think the i415 was one of the ones that you could enable it but it didn't work right, but don't take my word for it 100%. It is supposed to work as long as it is the name channel/code.

I have an i425 , i880, and i855e that I use for this function that work just fine.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As far as I have been able to tell after researching it, the i415 was a rare one that did not have the required hardware for mototalk in it to work, but the software was there (mostly because it's cloned from other similar models.).

Mototalk and Directalk are one and the same. Just naming/marketing differences. My boost i425 has it labelled as Mototalk and my mom's Nextel i880 has Directalk listed. No problems communicating between them. Same identical function, just different name.

Device(s)
    i885 unlocked and themed
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Direct / moto. Talk are the same but moto came on boost phones and alot need a cp mods for it to work all u do is cho box in rss then it will work