Main Use: iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Tech Support: Tethering Kaiser to Macbook

Let me start off by saying:

I've had no problems using internet sharing on my TyTN II to tether to my Macbook over bluetooth before. Well, I just got a new Macbook Pro and I just flashed a new ROM to my TyTN II. And now I'm having problems.

Here's what I've been doing:

Make both devices discoverable.

Initiate pairing on the Macbook Pro - type in automatically generated passcode.

2 options show up - use internet connection and setup network port (I've tried with both options checked, only one, none, etc.)

On TyTN II, started Internet Sharing, and connected under Bluetooth Pan and T-Mobile Data settings.

Clicked bluetooth icon at top of macbook, selected my device, and clicked "Connect to Network."

The macbook shows that the devices are paired and connected with green lights, however I am unable to browse web pages.

I even have "receive all incoming beams" checked on the TyTN II. I can't get this darn thing to work!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    CURRENT ITEMS FOR SALE:

My feedback thread

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, so I narrowed down the problem to the Bluetooth PAN settings. The way it's supposed to work is that the MP is supposed to receive an IP address from the Kaiser. It should all just work automatically. For some reason, though, my Kaiser is not sending the correct IP address and the MP is self-assigning a 169.xxx.xx.xx address, which won't allow it to authenticate and connect to the network.

Are there any networking wizards out there who can help a fellow HoFoer?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, so the problem has been solved! I am posting this via a tethered connection.

The problem was there was no COM port set up. The solution was to go into Bluetooth settings on the Kaiser, go to COM ports, and set up a new port connection. Once this was done, it was just a matter of deleting the old Bluetooth PAN settings on the laptop, connecting up, and then creating a new Bluetooth PAN profile on the laptop. After that it assigned the correct IP address automatically.

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hrmm you know i never worried about setting up a com port on any of my computers i have tethered with the tilt. i just select join a personal network and off i go. glad you found the problem though
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, I never had to worry about setting one up before, either. It just worked. Until this last time. I just wanted to post my solution in case anyone else out there has this problem and they do a search. Hopefully this thread will come up in the results.