Thread: Rogers Xperia X1 and vpn.com access point issue

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Rogers Xperia X1 and vpn.com access point issue

I just got X1 from Rogers as a HUP and aside from the usual Windows Mobile stuff that's happening with this phone I am experiencing very strange issue. I have vpn.com access point on my account (as I use some tools that do not work well with non-public IP) so I changed Rogers Internet connection phone created upon startup to use vpn.com instead internet.com AP. With this new setting neither PIE nor preinstalled Opera can work - PIE just gives me blank page, Opera gives me "Error - the remote server refuses to perform the request. This address is not available." no matter what page is requested. The strange thing here is any other application that uses Internet connectivity (like the gps assist that downloads satelitte info, MSN live, or Exchange ActiveSync) works just fine with vpn.com access point. Only PIE and Opera refuse to work . Anyone having suggestion?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I guess noone else with VPN.COM access has Xperia X1 just yet.
    It looks like I need to debrand the phone to use the built-in browsers with VPN.COM.

Anyone with debranded X1a running on Rogers - any "side effects" from the debranding? Like MMS/voicemail functionality/network stability/etc?

edit: spelling

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leobg
    I guess noone else with VPN.COM access has Xperia X1 just yet.
    It looks like I need to debrand the phone to use the built-in browsers with VPN.COM.

Anyone with debranded X1a running on Rogers - any "side effects" from the debranding? Like MMS/voicemail functionality/network stability/etc?

edit: spelling

i installed custom rom (gtrab's SEX1 Bare 3.61) and so far my only issue is the mms. email, web browsing, video calling all working fine... so far..

Device(s)
    HP HW6515 Pocket PC
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    why is it that you must pay for vpn.com access? whereas on fido, vpn already works and not needed to pay extra?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It is required by some of my connectivity tools (I need public routable IP address). without the 10 bucks option, it is NAT-ed connection for me which doesn't serve the purpose right.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You could maybe try doing a "search and replace" in the registry, and replace internet.com with vpn.com for all entries.
    Mikey: Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny ×××××××s. And I'm gonna tell you something T. Are you listening?
    Trent: Yeah, I'm listening.
    Mikey: I'm not gonna be one of those ×××××××s. Alright? It just makes me sick. It's like, some nasty skank who isn't half the woman my girlfriend is, is gonna front me? It makes me want to ××××in' puke!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    thanks efrant, that was really clever idea! However either the registry eiditor I use sucks (IBE Registry Editor), or I don't do something right, but I can't seem to find anything with "internet.com" in the registry :S
    what registry editor you would suggest trying?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I use a PHM (http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/). It's very basic, but suits my needs. What I would do if I were you is export the entire registry to a file an open it up on your computer instead of on your phone. Much easier. Then search for internet.com and replace. Then import the entire file back int the registry.