Thread: How do I unport from "new carrier" back to Sprint?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

How do I unport from "new carrier" back to Sprint?

I got Iphone fever and ported my service over to At&T. Now I want to go back to Sprint. Do I need to go into a retail store to have my service ported to Sprint? I've only had to At&T service for 3 days and I don't want to have a problem returning the phone. I just don't want to lose my number in all the confusion.

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you still have your old phone, just call CS and tell them you want to reactivate your account and port you number back in...That will cancel the ATT account and just make sure you send back the iphone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    iphone not what its cracked up to be? or just the AT&T Networks flat out stinks?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone is a great product. I'd keep it if I could afford to have one phone for data and another phone for making calls. I could probably get used to the call quality but I can't deal with the dropped calls. I use my phone in the car and I have problems when the phone goes from 3G to Edge. I'm going to try the phone in Edge this weekend to see if that helps with the dropped calls before I try and unwind the whole thing.

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do like me get an Itouch.....I have no desire to have an iphone..

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17
    Do like me get an Itouch.....I have no desire to have an iphone..
    Hell no on the iPod Touch thing lenny. There SEEMS to be a MONUMENTAL quality difference between the iPhone and the iPod Touch. It's not just me, many people have noticed that. I would sooner get an iPhone 3GS and jailbreak it and whatnot and just simply use the device itself without AT&T.

That being said, to the OP: Are you planing on using the same Sprint device that you had previously? JW. Also, you could simply just call up Account Services and see what they can work out with you to come back. Porting your number back is SIMPLE. You can easily do it over the phone, in store, etc. Also, yet again, this proves the timeless lesson of NEVER port your number until you are SURE the new service will work out for you.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I actually had the iPhone for 30 days with a temporary number, returned it, and then changed my mind and ported two days later. I called CS today and they said that they could restore my account since it was within 45 days from the cancellation. I was not under contract when I ported and they were able to return me back to that status. I lost some bonus minutes but they gave me 60 more since they couldn't add the pick 3 to my business account. I returned the iPhone to AT&T and then went to the Sprint Retail Store to have them get my phone connected back on the Sprint network. I'm actually eligible to get the Pre on a 1 year contract for $199 through my business account which is all I was trying to get a 2 weeks ago when I orginally wanted to ditch the iPhone. Sprint just works better in my area but I still love the Apple interface. I'm going to wait for the new iPod Touch model that coming out in September to satisfy that itch. I'm going to hold out for a couple of more weeks for a release date on the Touch Pro 2 before I do anything else. Thanks for the responses.