Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pantech PN 810 / Helio Ocean - Unlocking, WAP, and Mobile IM guide [With images!]

Device(s)
    BB 8830WP on Metro with WAP and MMS, :)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS /
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am back, ringtones is not one of this phones strong points!!!

I had to overwrite some of those 'free ones' with bitpim and renamed mp3's to make it happen. Can't figure out how to give them descriptive names either.

Anyone figure out to actually download items with gmail through the browser? aka ringtones...?

How about opera mini browser or other java? I really am starting to like this phone but am not finding a wealth of info on this phone...

Guess you can't edit old posts. Adding and updated cwconfiguration.ini.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kryppy; 10-25-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am new at this so yeah...Anyways I was following the steps that are on guide and I have run into a slight issue. When my phone is pluged into the computer and I go to Device Manager I dont see Curitel Packet Service Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM) (COM##) under my ports. But I do see something that is not on your screenshot and that is Portable Devices.

Please help me on this issue want internet on me Ocean...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS /
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Anima21212
    I am new at this so yeah...Anyways I was following the steps that are on guide and I have run into a slight issue. When my phone is pluged into the computer and I go to Device Manager I dont see Curitel Packet Service Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM) (COM##) under my ports. But I do see something that is not on your screenshot and that is Portable Devices.

Please help me on this issue want internet on me Ocean...

You have a media card in there? If so, take it out.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I took out the Memory card I had in it. I also deleted the little songs on there. I was wondering what would happen if I format my Internal Memory

When I bought it off of ebay it said it was unlocked already...not sure if this is part of the issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS /
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Anima21212
    I took out the Memory card I had in it. I also deleted the little songs on there. I was wondering what would happen if I format my Internal Memory

When I bought it off of ebay it said it was unlocked already...not sure if this is part of the issue.

I just got a real weird one off of ebay that was rebooting over and over. I managed to connect to it same as my other one, it just pops up as com2 curtell packet driver when plug the phone in.

The USB packet drivers installed easily if I remember correctly. Look for something in device manager under <other devices> with the yellow ! and delete it?

Try them on another PC maybe?

FROM another thread:

"For those that CANNOT connect your phone to cdma workshop and Qpst. Please check your settings in ##1122 <end> under NGB > DM port. It must be set to USB otherwise you'll never connect to anything."

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well it has come to my attention that when I do the first option.. Helio Sync... Nothen happens.

It also says USB and MTp Device when I plug in it.
    Last edited by Anima21212; 12-09-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Pantec PN180A Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok this all sounds wonderful I'd love to have mobile IM and web working on my Ocean but I have a question... I took my Ocean to a Metro store and had it flashed and activated so I'm using it right now with just voice and text because they say the rest can't be done. Would following that guide some how mess with my phone and make me have to have it reactivated or something? What I'm worried about is having to take it back to the metro store and reactivated, or can I simply do what the guide says and continue using it?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS /
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01
    Ok this all sounds wonderful I'd love to have mobile IM and web working on my Ocean but I have a question... I took my Ocean to a Metro store and had it flashed and activated so I'm using it right now with just voice and text because they say the rest can't be done. Would following that guide some how mess with my phone and make me have to have it reactivated or something? What I'm worried about is having to take it back to the metro store and reactivated, or can I simply do what the guide says and continue using it?

No problems, just do it.

Device(s)
    Pantec PN180A Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kryppy
    No problems, just do it.
    And you're sure it won't like disconnect my phone from it's current service or that I won't have to go back to metro and pay them to readd it or something? I can just do this and turn on my phone and have internet?

1 more question, sorry, does this reset everytime I shut my phone off? I hear this every once in a while, I'm just not going to put the time in (it seems like a giant pain) if it's just going to reset the next time my phone dies. (considering it's battery it's at least once a week)

Oh damn one more thing I forgot to ask, will the GPS work? The ocean has built in GPS.. I can't find it but I know it's there lol.

Device(s)
    Pantec PN180A Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thesheikh
    THIS IS MY FIRST PROBLEM I RUN IN TO. AN ERROR FROM QPST:
    I'm having this exact same problem and my phone is not bricked. It works fine, in fact just to check I just called my house, my friends house, and texted two people. The spc is 000000 I checked in cdma workshop. I entered that and got the exact same error. Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    can someone tell me where to get the ocean drivers. the ones on the virgin mobile page are not working at all.
    thanks

Device(s)
    Pantec PN180A Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah I installed all that fine on my windows 7 machine, however the drivers from the virgin mobile site will not work on my vista computer.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Drivers

I got a new cable but and it sync. but the qpst and the cdma workshop they don't recognize the phone. I think I still need the drivers

Device(s)
    Pantec PN180A Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You probably do. Like I said the drivers worked fine on my windows 7 machine but not on either of my vista machines. Dunno what to tell you, has anyone found a way to get this working for users who's phones won't read properly in QPST?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro (sold)
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01
    I'm having this exact same problem and my phone is not bricked. It works fine, in fact just to check I just called my house, my friends house, and texted two people. The spc is 000000 I checked in cdma workshop. I entered that and got the exact same error. Any thoughts?

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast