Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now eligible for ANR plan... Can I get an iphone? Also, few other questions.

Feedback Score

Now eligible for ANR plan... Can I get an iphone? Also, few other questions.

Ok, so I just passed the 90 day mark at my new AT&T authorized retailer job, and I am about to fill out the form for the ANR plan.

So, are we allowed to have an iPhone now, or are we still getting screwed?

Also, I have one more random question. If we are an AT&T customer already in a contract, can we still switch to the employee line or will I have to pay a termination fee or something?

The reason I ask is because I know you cant sign contracts within the ANR plan, so you have to pay the full unsubsidized phone price. But, what if I was to upgrade on my current plan I have now, sign a contract, then turn in the ANR form? I know regular customers can transfer service within contract, so, can we?

I am really just kinda lost now. I really want an iphone, so if it isn't allowed under ANR I might just not sign up for it.

Thanks for any help, gang.

Feedback Score
    Really, ANY ANR information would be greatly appreciated.

My RAE is a ******* and he can't answer my questions at all.

Is there a phone # to talk to the ANR team? A website?

A list of policies?

ANYTHING?

My RAE just gave me some old cingular branded ANR form and told me to fill it out, but he was completely unable to explain the plans, phones, services, policies, ANYTHING.

Its really annoying, so I turn to you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S White 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    First off I can't believe you would want to carry something you can't sell. You have to be in a contract for 6 months before you can switch it to an ANR account. As far as being able to carry one, I technically don't think you can.

Feedback Score
    I understand it is very annoying we can't sell the iPhone, but I still would like to own one.

I work for AT&T, AT&T isn't my life. And, I am certainly not going to ignore a phone I want based on principle. The main reason I want one is because I am a software developer in my spare time and I'd like to begin developing for the iPhone.

BTW, my RAE accidentally leaked that we are going to begin selling iPhones in September at authorized retailers.

No one else has heard this?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S White 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Of course we have heard the rumors.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've been hearing the rumors since the iPhone came out, good luck.

You can not currently have the iPhone on a ANR, even though Best Buy sells iPhone's.

Feedback Score
    Dont believe everything an RAE tells you, they will say anything to make an agent happy and motivated to go SELL SELL SELL! Your current consumer account needs to be greater than 6 months deep ( so at&t doesn't chargeback the original sales rep) to use on an ANR account. Not even COR reps can have an Iphone on a thier accounts(discounted). If you want an iphone, get a 3G, put your ANR sim in it, and use away. The ANR plans include unlimited data(mediaNet). As far a Iphones in september...... when pigs fly dude!!!

Feedback Score
    My ANR plan comes with unlimited PDA for free.

Can I just buy a 3Gs on ebay and use it? Or, are they still looking for iphone users and shutting us down?

Furthermore, do I need to jailbreak the iphone for it to work on PDA plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure if they actually do it. But my RAE was pretty lenient and willing to help out, but she said that she is required to do sweeps and shut off lines that have iPhones on them.

Feedback Score
    Oh, so the RAE is the one who does the sweeps and controls everything?

He's the most laid back dude ever. He'd never care.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    you can port your existing AT&T line into a ANR plan as long as you are at least 6 months into the contract.

as long as your RAE is cool then they wont sweep your line for iphone usage. dont update to 3.0 though, our ANR lines' data stopped working once updated to 3.0...
    Best Buy Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMixer

Yeah I think it is the RAE now. There used to be a ANR team years ago and it would literally take a month to get one feature added.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMixer

His boss may not be but there's been a few people who have used iPhones on their ANR plan and everthing has gone ok. I wouldn't be willing to risk it personally because it's a sweet deal and there's plenty of other great phones that work on your ANR plan. I will never understand agents that carry the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, cool phone but I rather show my customers something I can sell them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    dont update to 3.0 though, our ANR lines' data stopped working once updated to 3.0...
    They just changed it so you can't easily change the apn.

Go to http://unlockit.co.nz from the iphone and it walks through changing the apn to the standard at&t one. I've done it on 3 anr iphones...whether they get kicked off or not, I dont know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nbohmer
    They just changed it so you can't easily change the apn.

Go to http://unlockit.co.nz from the iphone and it walks through changing the apn to the standard at&t one. I've done it on 3 anr iphones...whether they get kicked off or not, I dont know.

That's something you should have PM'ed. That's the ONLY hack I know of that will work with 3.0+ so please be careful putting it out there where the big T can find it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast