Thread: has the storm gotten better?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Feedback Score

has the storm gotten better?

So has the storm gotten any better with the updates?

Is it still slow and laggy?

I want to take my tour back and exchange for a storm.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Feedback Score
    I guess not..lol

Device(s)
    Droooooooid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it has. Especially if you're running a hybrid OS like one from Lyricidal's. Check out www.bbhybrids.com.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Feedback Score
    .net dude..lol

Device(s)
    Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I held off getting the storm until the month before the tour came out so I could have that as an option, and after having the storm a few weeks (.151) I couldn't come off the bigger screen.....My storm is actually running pretty good.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've loved my Storm since day one (ordered it on release day), and have never run a non-official OS version.
    Scott

X'ing since 7/24/2010

Device(s)
    motorola A8555 Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    i liked the storm form day one but i will say with later releases i find myself able to kick my fruit phone. i dont even carry the iphone and canceled the contract earlier this month.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I will never use any other phone then a Storm. It seems RIM is going to keep releasing new Storm versions. The display is amazing and it functions damn near flawlessly with .148. Once OS 5 comes out it will be an entirely different beast. I will be getting a Storm 2 in April when my contract expires. (I only do 1 year at a time and still get 2 year pricing by calling and ordering over the phone as a VIP customer).

Any review you might have read was with the original OS. There have been places like CNET that re-reviewed the Storm with .148 and the review was like night and day.

Like Apple did with the iPhone, RIM is doing with the Storm making it better with every update.

My Storm is just as good as any iPod I've ever owned as an MP3 and video player. It's a rock solid phone and I love it.
    Live long and prosper.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Feedback Score
    Yea I have .148 installed and it seems to work to fine that I dont even need the hybrid

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any operating system above .75 that came with the phone is faster and the slow, laggyness is gone. A complete wipe and install of .148 has made my phone virtually flawless. Other than the video camera bug that's on every OS, I haven't had a single other problem with .148. Until something better (and stable also) comes out, I won't be getting rid of .148.
    -Matt-

Feedback Score
    I'm running .151 and used Lyridical's ShrinkOS to not load several apps that I don't use - .148 was a huge improvement, and I like the radio, transitions, and responsiveness of .151 better (YMMV). The later OS offers better BT, responsiveness, and keyboard options for me. The two later OSes really make the Storm a huge improvement over the .75 OS. I get around any need for typing on a real keyboard by using Vlingo Pro, the best $17 I spent on 3rd-party SW. Room for improvement still exists, but I'm happy with the Storm running .151. My 2˘.