Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T720 conversion to T722 (daydeal housing) PIX

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

T720 conversion to T722 (daydeal housing) PIX

Not my phone, but looks damn nice. Maybe next week or so i'll change out the LEDs to hyper blue ones. What u guys thing? It wasn't as hard as i thought, but then i do install nextel housings all day long.

Device(s)
    Black/Orange Boost 730.
    Feedback Score
    that's phat.... how was the quality of the housing?

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    actually very nice, even better than some of the AM housings for the nextels...

Device(s)
    SE T610
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    what's the menu showing?

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    that looks very cool. can you post pics of the front cover and back?

Device(s)
    Black/Orange Boost 730.
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by bitziz
    what's the menu showing?
    ModTones

Device(s)
    UTStarcom XV-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The menu is showing Verizon's GetItNow Service from what it looks like.

Looks good. Im waiting for the solid colors. Im not a huge fan of clear things.
    Current Phone
    UTStarcom XV-6700 [Verizon Wireless]

Past Phones
    Samsung SCH-A970, Samsung SCH-A610, Motorola T730c, Motorola T720c, Samsung SCH-A310, Samsung SPH-A500, Samsung SPH-A460, Nokia 8260

Feedback Score

Question help with full housing

how do i take the screen housing off from the keypad housing. its around the swivel area? i know how to dissconnect the screen but i dont know how to do that
    ------------
    Help I want t720 body and light mod pictures! pm me!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Very Very nice...
    Any more pics?

Lates.
    Eric

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I actually did this exact thing this past week with my T720 from Alltel. went with the 722 clear housing. hardest part was getting the spring for the hinge out, i ended up just cutting the old housing to get it out.

the housing is actually i think better than the one that comes on the phone, however the battery cover is VERY weak. it infact makes the whole phone feel cheap. if i take the battery cover off and hold the phone it feels very good. i'd suggest finding a more sturdy battery cover and going with this housing.

also take the black plastic **** off of the battery and just use some goo-off to get the sticky off and go with the silver look of the battery. i love my daydeal clear housing.

Device(s)
    Motorola MPx200
    Feedback Score

Red face Chrome Housing (plastic) T720

Hi all, I've been lurking around Hofo for awhile now and finally decided to register =). Anyways, I purchased the chrome full housing from daydeal because the pictures that I saw online were awesome. When I received it, I was very disappointed because there were visual blemishes on the housing. Anyways, I got it exchanged and even though it was better than the first, I was still a bit disappointed. The finish is not very good and there was a spot on the housing where the chrome paint did not get to. Tired of dealin with it, I put it on my phone anyways. Without lookin closely, my phone looks cool, but if it was to be inspected, it would only look like a low quality and cheap piece of junk. (Though my phone no longer creaks like the original OEM housing did) Nearly killed myself trying to get the flip separated from the front keypad housing. (cut myself with a rusty homemade pry tool. I would take pictures, but I gave my digicam to my brother and need to get a new one. (what was i thinking) Now only if there were realy metal housings... mmmm... Sorry for the winded post

Device(s)
    T720 cingular
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT TAKING THE
    ASSEMBLY APART FROM THE FRONT HOUSING OF THEIR
    MOT T720. I DO A LOT OF AFTERMARKET HOUSING CHANGES FOR NEXTEL AND MOT PHONES. THE PHONES COME APART THE EXACT SAME WAY. PERSONALLY I USE A FIBERGLASS LIKE TOOL WHICH
    WHICH IS SHAPED LIKE A PENCIL BUT HAS A SCREW DRIVER LIKE
    TIP. (PURCHASED A FEW YEARS AGO FROM MOTOROLA). THE OTHER TOOL I SOMETIMES USE IS A VERY VERY TINY SCREW DRIVER ABOUT 4 INCHES LONG. YOU NEED TO WEDGE THE TOOL BETWEEN THE ASSEMBLY FLIP AND THE FRONT HOUSING. (PHONE CAN BE OPEN OR CLOSED BUT YOU'LL HAVE MORE CONTROL
    IF THE FLIP IS CLOSED). ONCE YOU WEDGE THE TOOL IN YOU NEED TO PUSH BACK THE HINGE TOWARDS THE INNER PART OF THE ASSEMBLY FLIP WHILE VERY GENTLY PULLING IT OUT.
    ONCE YOU DO IT RIGHT IT WILL BE EASY AS 123 ....

NOTE: WHEN REASSEMBLIMG THE PHONE REMEMBER TO POSITION THE ASSEMBLY SO THAT THE SHAPE OF THE HINGE WILL
    PERFECTLY MATCH THE HOLE IN THE FRONT HOUSING. IF YOU
    DON'T DO IT RIGHT THE PHONE WILL NOT CLOSE AND OPEN
    PROPERLY. IF THATS THE CASE SIMPLY TAKE THE ASSEMBLY BACK OUT AND ALIGN THE HINGE WITH THE HOLE AND YOUR DONE!
    HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!
    Last edited by VERSE1965; 08-01-2003 at 05:17 PM.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The tool needed to remove the spring hinge has to have a U shape or a hook form basically to get in to the spring and push it out. Anything else will cause breakage of the housing.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

I just received this housing in the mail yesterday!

I am very excited after seeing this pic! Daydeals.com has some really cool stoff, I also got a clear holster that doesn't lock down the friggin flip like the Motorola one does. Anyway, back to this housing, I caught HELL trying to remove the pieces associated with the friggin' hinge! I actually gave up and decided to search for information in the various forums on how to get the rest of the original housing off without damaging it or my phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung T309
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: help with full housing

Originally posted by Mattjr43
    how do i take the screen housing off from the keypad housing. its around the swivel area? i know how to dissconnect the screen but i dont know how to do that
    I am also stuck here....the lil cable connecting both of those.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast