Thread: Live in NY on welfare or food stamps? Here is $200 cash for every child you have

Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score

Live in NY on welfare or food stamps? Here is $200 cash for every child you have

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/200...html?FREEMONEY

A $200 back-to-school giveaway for needy kids sparked a mad rush for money on the streets of New York on Tuesday.

"It's free money!" said Alecia Rumph, 26, who waited in a Morris Park, Bronx, line 300 people deep for the cash to buy uniforms and book bags for her two kids.

"Thank God for Obama. He's looking out for us."
    Every child between 3 and 17 was eligible for $200, which worked out to 813,845 kids across the state - including 498,866 in the city.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bet O'Reilly will demonize Soros for this.

Device(s)
    lg esteem
    Carrier(s)
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Free Money :d

time to get some new rims

Device(s)
    G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Football season starts soon ...nothing like Monday Night Executions to boost ESPN's ratings Let the tranny begin.
    Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow

Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...SFRONTCAROUSEL

The benefit was distributed on Tuesday to families who receive welfare benefits and food stamps, including working families who only receive a limited food stamp benefit. Families with children between the ages of 3 and 17 are eligible, though the children do not need to be enrolled in school.
    Wegmans and Tops report that ATMs in their stores ran out of cash on Tuesday, the day the money was deposited to food stamp accounts. The county reports that employees at the Wal-Mart store on Hudson Avenue called the Department of Human Services to say they thought welfare fraud was going on because there was a run on high-end electronics.
    The ATMs first ran out in Syracuse, then the shortage spread to stores around the state, said Jo Natale, director of media relations at Wegmans. By then it was too late to get more cash to the machines, which are run by Wegmans, she said.

Tops reported that people would go through the checkout to purchase a pack of gum in order to get cash back from their food stamp debit card and repeat the process, as only $40 is allowed at a time, said communications manager Katie McKenna. Registers ran out of money.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wal Mart doesn't carry high-end electronics...

Device(s)
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingtony
    Football season starts soon ...nothing like Monday Night Executions to boost ESPN's ratings Let the tranny begin.
    So ... why all the fascination of crapping random, boring, pointless non-sequitrs into the middle of threads?

Ice cream, overshoes, death squad, postage stamp.

See? I can do it too...
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Device(s)
    G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    This was not a list , the others are hardly random . One of the group said I was a tyrant or some **** on my kill all welfare rejects posts . While that might be extreme it is certainly just a thought that goes through my head like wishing I could run people off the road or run over the neighbor's kids because they're too dumb to look for traffic before riding their bike out right in front of your moving car.

What about the boring pointless beginings of threads . Most of politics is boring and pointless. The one time I asked for a new who-cares smiley that would replicate an act that some believe will make you be like Stevie Wonder ( not a black piano player) , Matt got all pissy on me.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Wow, so this "back-to-school money" for 3-year-olds not enrolled in school went to iPods? I refuse to believe that a welfare program was abused.

Device(s)
    Samsung A940
    Carrier(s)
    [RIP Tmo 1/18/05] CINGVZWNXT=Tooo many Bills!!!
    Feedback Score
    OHHHH so that was why i saw people lined up outside the check cashing places

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    "Thank God for Obama. He's looking out for us."
    Indeed!!!!! Why protect the average taxpayer???? The ones who makes all of these freebies possible.
    Hartford, CT Area