Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Google latitude on sony C905??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Google latitude on sony C905??

    Does anyone know how to get Google latitude to work on sony C905?

    I tried downloading it by visiting google.com/latitude (from my phone), but was redirected to download google maps 2.3.2 which I already have, and does not support this feature.

    Help anyone??

    Has anyone figured out how to get latitude to work on their C905?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    957
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The new firmware that just came out a few days ago (R1FA035) includes Google Maps 3.0 with Latitude support.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pakraider
    The new firmware that just came out a few days ago (R1FA035) includes Google Maps 3.0 with Latitude support.

    A new firmware came out for sony c905?? where can I get it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    957
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you download and run the SEUS software (Sony Ericsson Update Service), it will upgrade the firmware on your phone.

    if your phone is branded, you will need to first debrand your phone.. that's what step #1 can help you do in that guide.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pakraider
    If you download and run the SEUS software (Sony Ericsson Update Service), it will upgrade the firmware on your phone.

    if your phone is branded, you will need to first debrand your phone.. that's what step #1 can help you do in that guide.
    Sweet! I debranded my phone already, and updated to the previous new version of the software (released Feb 08, i think?)

    I'll try upgrading to the new software 2nite. Do you have a link to the SE website or any news mentioning this new software upgrade??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    957
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    they don't put out any press releases or anything about new firmware.. but I can tell you the biggest change is the updated Google Maps.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pakraider
    they don't put out any press releases or anything about new firmware.. but I can tell you the biggest change is the updated Google Maps.
    Tried it, and it works great There is now a press release about it on the SE website, too

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    119
    Device(s)
    P110
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pakraider
    The new firmware that just came out a few days ago (R1FA035) includes Google Maps 3.0 with Latitude support.
    Updating the firmware worked great, 3.0 is now there. Now does anyone know if there is a way to update version 3.2 from 3.0?

Bookmarks