Thread: Straight Talk - The Time Available for this call

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk - The Time Available for this call

I've had Straight Talk for almost a month now and I'm currently doing the 1000 min, 1000 text with no problems. However while making a outgoing call today, I received an automated message "The Time Available for this call is xx hours and xx minutes" and then my call is connected. My service end date is in about a week.

Has anybody experienced this and is it normal?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I've had mine for less than a week but have not gotten that message.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Mine started doing the same message today. I'm on the 1000 min plan also, I have to renew on 9/6. I still have 3 hrs and some minutes left.

Device(s)
    Samsung T201G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zlotus
    Mine started doing the same message today. I'm on the 1000 min plan also, I have to renew on 9/6. I still have 3 hrs and some minutes left.

Since you are using that many minutes (approx. 820 so far this month) I can see that you are getting your money's worth out of that plan! That priced at 6cpm would have cost almost $50. As long as you don't need more than WAP on your phone this plan is a good one for a lot of heavy users.

Feedback Score
    I just joined the plan about 4 days ago. First day was ok. It wasn't untill the second day that I started receiving that message each time I make a call.

Feedback Score

Also having the same problem

I'm also having the same problem and haven't figured out how to get rid of it. It started (Sept. 2nd, 2009) today as well.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Why would they put that message on a unlimited plan? " you have unlimited hours left" (wifes plan).

Feedback Score
    I wounder if the the seconds uses for the message count your airtime usage (on the 1000 min plan) ?

Device(s)
    w370
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2
    I wounder if the the seconds uses for the message count your airtime usage (on the 1000 min plan) ?
    You can't hear that message unless you are connected to the system and if you are connected to the system then you are using airtime. So yes, it would count toward your 1000 minutes.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score

Problem fixed

I called Straight Talk Technical Support desk and had them remove this "feature" from my phone. I did not enquire as to the reason why they would have put this on the first place. I don't know too many people that need to be reminded that they have unlimited minutes left to make a phone call.

The number in case you don't have it handy is 1-877-430-CELL (2355).

Good Luck,
    Ben

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by el_culichi
    I called Straight Talk Technical Support desk and had them remove this "feature" from my phone. I did not enquire as to the reason why they would have put this on the first place. I don't know too many people that need to be reminded that they have unlimited minutes left to make a phone call.

The number in case you don't have it handy is 1-877-430-CELL (2355).

Good Luck,
    Ben
    Thanks that worked, customer service knew exactly what I was talking about and removed the feature.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I just received an email from Straight Talk that stated that this was a new feature they are rolling out. The email also included a survey that asked if I was satisfied with the feature, and asked for suggestions on how to different methods on how to check account balance.

Device(s)
    Samsung T201G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    If I were on the 1000 minute plan, I would welcome that feature. However on an unlimited plan, that would be ridiculous.