Thread: Loaner Phone Program

Device(s)
    T616
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO since 2006 but orginally 2004~
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you rent a video at BBV or RP dont they charge you a rental fee?
    Kind of the same deal and I know you have a phone but its broken and it needs to be fixed, so the Loaner Phone Program is a service, if you temporarily needs a phone that Fido will loan you a phone until the your phone is fixed for a $10 charge, but if you have a backup phone (I am sure a lotta people do, cause I do "Siemens M55" LOL) then you would simple refuse to take loaner phone.
    Fido you sly dog~~
    come on sign your life away to the cellular world~~

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by knifegreysea
    I don't think the "if you don't like it don't take it" line is acceptable in this case. What choice does the customer have if you're taking their phone away? Seriously Diamond, the $10 is for staff resources? Equiptment change? Brochure? You don't believe that do you?

Anyway, I do have an actual question IRC. Like I mentioned earlier what happens with out of the box accessories that are defective?
    You may not agree with the $10.00 fee. Believe it or not, but if it was not charged, money would be lost when providing the loaner phones. I do believe it because I have seen it in the sales field on what it makes up for when its charged. You go to renew your insurance at the end of the term, when you renew it there may be a surcharge (in %) for any traffic and speeding violations. Fido is in this to make money and break even.

And the line is not acceptable, but its aimed directly at you, and you only. But its the bottom line in the end. If you buy an XBOX360 for example, and send it in for warranty, does Microsoft give you a "Loaner" Xbox while yours is getting the red ring of death fixed? No, you get no loaner.

Like I said before, if you would rather not pay a small amount ($10.00) then dont get a loaner phone, simple as that.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Many car companies also do not give free rentals when your expensive car is in for repair unless one prepays for their extended warranty.

As for the included accessories....car chargers, home chargers require the phone to be sent out for repair / replacement.

Headphones / Memory cards / cases, the customer deals with the manufacturer directly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Diamond your XBOX comparison doesn't hold up. Microsoft is not charging me a monthly fee to play my games. Fido is charging me while my phone is defective and then charging me again to be able to use my service while my defective phone is being fixed. I understand the process and I know Fido would lose money if there was no $10 charge but why not make it more subtle? $10 charge per customer to use a phone that's worth less than $35 for a week sounds like a scam to me and any customer who has no choice but to take a loaner phone.

IRC: So we have to send out the phone and accessory if, let's say the charger out of the box is defective? Or send out just the phone???
    YNWA

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Diamond your XBOX comparison doesn't hold up. Microsoft is not charging me a monthly fee to play my games. Fido is charging me while my phone is defective and then charging me again to be able to use my service while my defective phone is being fixed. I understand the process and I know Fido would lose money if there was no $10 charge but why not make it more subtle? $10 charge per customer to use a phone that's worth less than $35 for a week sounds like a scam to me and any customer who has no choice but to take a loaner phone.

IRC: So we have to send out the phone and accessory if, let's say the charger out of the box is defective? Or send out just the phone???
    Most Xbox 360 users subscribe to Xbox Live. It doesnt have to hold up its the same logic. If you dont agree with the $10.00 fee, then go to TELUS and see what they charge for a loaner phone. Its not even in store, its on your bill, and you would be shocked on how much they charge you.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

If a customer comes back on day 16 and says their charger doesn't work, the phone with charger must be sent out. If a customer comes back on day 14, you would exchange the entire phone and contents in store.

Device(s)
    SE Xperia X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    WorldIRC,

What if a cx comes in with a phone (lets say the battery doesn't hold charge, or freezes (no water damage) and the phone is in within the 15 days but talked more than 30 minutes, we still have to send it out right?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Defective phones within the 15 day policy are still exchanged at the point of sale. Does not get sent out.

Device(s)
    SE Xperia X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Even after 30 minutes of talk? I asked my manager and what he said was that if it's within 15 days but talked more than 30 minutes, we won't be able to exchange. We would have to send it out for repair (since talking more than 30 minutes already removes the satisfaction guarantee policy).

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^All phones within 15 days are eligible for direct defective exchange. 30 minute rule only applies for Buyers Remorse / Buyers Preference.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri3Dent
    Even after 30 minutes of talk? I asked my manager and what he said was that if it's within 15 days but talked more than 30 minutes, we won't be able to exchange. We would have to send it out for repair (since talking more than 30 minutes already removes the satisfaction guarantee policy).
    Thats a waste of resources to send it out. If you exchange it the dealer / retailer gets reimbursed for the phone that was defective.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondElite
    Most Xbox 360 users subscribe to Xbox Live. It doesnt have to hold up its the same logic. If you dont agree with the $10.00 fee, then go to TELUS and see what they charge for a loaner phone. Its not even in store, its on your bill, and you would be shocked on how much they charge you.
    Most XBOX users MIGHT subscribe to XBOX LIVE, but it's only a optional service. Your voice plan with Fido is not optional.

I can't tell my customers "If you dont agree with the $10.00 fee, then go to TELUS and see what they charge for a loaner phone".....Even if could it wouldn't hold up either; isn't Fido supposed to be a 'budget' carrier???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3