Thread: No Band Selection on Unlocked Treo Pro

Feedback Score

No Band Selection on Unlocked Treo Pro

I've searched high and low and can't find any support on this anywhere. Even chatted with Palm and they were no help. Under Settings, Phone, I should see an option to choose either GSM or UMTS along with 850/1900 or 900/1800. But this option is no where to be found.

I do have a Treo 750 which has this and it works great. I did see some references online re: exploring the device using ActiveSync under the Windows directory and looking for bandsel.exe, but I don't see that there. I just see an html file named Band which explains what the feature does...but no feature.

Point of reference, I'm on AT&T, but have also tried it with a T-Mobile SIM and get the same result.

Anyone have any clue? I'll return the device if I can't manually choose between EDGE and 3G.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    I think I found it. Obtained a registry editor and searched for Band. I changed HKLM/Software/OEM/PhoneSetting/ShowUmTSBandPage to 1 from 0. Think I modified a couple of other settings in that area as well, but it now shows. I figured there had to be a way to enable this.

So if anyone else runs across this, just edit the registry and it should work after a reboot.