Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "New" GV Features - Post your "unknown" feature here.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score

"New" GV Features - Post your "unknown" feature here.

I just found out about these - maybe I'm the last to know?

1. Free calls to Canada
    2. Blackberry App

..mike
    Sorry this may be a repeat.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    I recently learned that GV had enabled forwarding of SMS to the registered email account.

Now I can use GV for those occasional SMS messages which do not require immediate response but also need to be replied to eventually. The kind of message I would prefer to use email for but the other party prefers SMS.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How do you get free calls to Canada? I am getting charged for them...

*Edit* Never mind I see its free now. Initially they were charging for calls to canada.
    Last edited by antonio010; 09-14-2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: update

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio010
    How do you get free calls to Canada? I am getting charged for them...

*Edit* Never mind I see its free now. Initially they were charging for calls to canada.
    FYI, for you or anyone coming into this thread...

Google Voice rates: http://www.google.com/support/voice/...?answer=141925

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    Good. Glad calls to Canada are included now!!

I'm guessing SMS are too...

something I'd like to see done is be able to use your contact list and dial out via the IVR through your phone book!!
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Carrier(s)
    Metro
    Feedback Score

Personallized goog411 for my extensive contact list.

I'd like to be able to call into my google voice number, and then have it switch to a version of goog411 that only looks at my contact list to find the right person based on voice prompts.

Carrier(s)
    tetamovil
    Feedback Score
    how about "newly disappeared" features?

The Google Voice "Call" pop-up had a "phone-to-ring" section where you could manually type both caller number and receiver number, say, I'm at work etc and don't want to or can't place private outgoing call from their phone. I could have GV ring the phone at my station then ring the other party. Now you can no longer type your own phone-to-ring, it can only ring my preset numbers.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid RAZR xt910, LG vx5500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    You can send SMS to Canadian Numbers too, even tho the Help section says only to US numbers.. I tried it the other night, and my wife got the msg, took about 5-10 mins to go through, not sur eif that was GV, or Telus's problem tho.. only sent 1 msg, and I dind't have her msg it back so see if that works, but at that time I dind't know about the whole 406 sms spoofing deal that GV has going.. will play again this wknd and see how 2-way works in Canada.

Device(s)
    Droid Baby
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newroc

The Google Voice "Call" pop-up had a "phone-to-ring" section where you could manually type both caller number and receiver number, say, I'm at work etc and don't want to or can't place private outgoing call from their phone. I could have GV ring the phone at my station then ring the other party. Now you can no longer type your own phone-to-ring, it can only ring my preset numbers.
    I cant believe they even had this to begin with. I was laughing as I could put in the pizza guy's number and my neighbors number and sit back and laugh...

of course they took this feature away, it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newroc

Just make your work number one of your preset numbers.

Feedback Score
    Disappearing features!!!

International sms - you use to be able to send free sms to overseas number (UK and Russia). Now the service is gone. When you send sms to overseas, you get an error msg.

Device(s)
    PPC 6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler
    I just found out about these - maybe I'm the last to know?

1. Free calls to Canada
    2. Blackberry App

..mike
    Sorry this may be a repeat.
    Blackberry app available and just updated >> http://m.google.com/voice

I also second support for international sms. I wouldn't mind paying for it. Sprint currently charges me .20/message anyways and they're crappy system doesn't allow you to send or receive sms in unicode.

On a similar note...has anyone made an international call (other than canada) using their GV number and had it bill you even if the recipient did not answer (or their voicemail)? I had that happen to me twice now. IF that ever happens to you...that's not normal. Make sure to visit this page and they'll promptly refund your credits >> https://www.google.com/voice/billing/credits

Feedback Score
    About the international sms part.. Mine still went through. Or rather, website it was sent (no error message). I am, however, still waiting for a response from my mom (in the Philippines, not UK or Russa :P) to see if she DID get it.

edit: Mom texted back. She did get the sms So I guess it's just select countries for now..

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saqer
    Blackberry app available and just updated >> http://m.google.com/voice
    After reading your post I was, finally able to update to ver 1.5. (Couldn't get in past couple days.)
    HOWVER, still can't use the dialer in the app. Still pus me in a loop that keeps asking for my password.

...mike

Device(s)
    PPC 6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    That's strange. What blackberry model and OS version do you have? Try using the dial option only through address book app, it might mess up for you if you try to do it through the phone/call log app.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast