Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Fox news picking on ACORN again

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score

Fox news picking on ACORN again

Well it seems like FOX news is picking on ACORN again. ACORN should sue FOX for secretly taping and exposing them. All they were trying to do was help some poor prostitute and her pimp get a business started with the help of ACORN. So what if they were turning their head for letting them import young children for sex.

Also FOX is accusing the rest of the networks for ignoring it. Shame on FOX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEUC9...eature=related

Loved this "By the Numbers" segment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GVz...eature=channel
    Last edited by matt314159; 09-14-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do the actions of a few make the entire organization corrupt?

Fox has been trying to spin that ACORN is getting $8 billion from the federal government

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And then there were three

Workers have fallen "hooker, line and sinker" for this pimp/hoe routine in Baltimore, Washington D.C., and now, Brooklyn.

How many more ACORN workers attempting to help further illegal activities is it going to take for you to realize that something is very wrong with this organization?

And seriously, look at the costumes the supposed pimp and hooker wore, how F-n stupid are these ACORN workers anyway?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The fact that they tried this at many other locations and failed doesn't mean anything? It's obvious what these individuals did is not part of company policy.

Are the workers supposed to discriminate against potential clients because of the clothing being worn?

BTW, other news outlets have mentioned these undercover tapes. Fox is just upset that the tapes aren't getting 24 hour air time like they do on its network.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No but they're expected to use common sense and train workers not to help people commit crimes is all....the fact that the organization is staffed by these kinds of people drives me nuts.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Pimps don't dress that way. And nowadays it can be very difficult to tell a prostitute apart from a "normal" woman

The employees should have just sent the 2 on their way after learning about the prostitution. But, is it illegal for them to give the advice that they did? Immoral? Certainly. Illegal?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think any criminal prosecution will occur, but the pundits disagree on whether any crime took place.

Here's what Napalitono (fox news) thought about it:
    Though no tax forms were filed and the child prostitutes didn't exist, at least one ACORN official engaged in "numerous acts of criminal facilitation," said Judge Andrew Napolitano, FOX News senior judicial analyst.

"Criminal facilitation occurs whenever a person encourages, enables, entices, or explains to another how to commit crimes with the real purpose of helping that person to commit those crimes" — a violation the ACORN employee "committed in full," he said.

Napolitano said the worker could also face charges for criminal conspiracy, though each charge would require a heavier burden to prove: a so-called "act of furtherance" — a concrete move that makes the conspiracy active.

Napolitano outlined eight crimes the ACORN worker could potentially have committed that could bring a total sentence of 24 years in prison, including criminal facilitation and conspiracy to:

• (a) commit prostitution
    • (b) operate a prostitution ring
    • (c) file false documents with taxing and other government authorities
    • (d) file false documents with a bank [also known as bank fraud]
    • (e) violate numerous immigration laws
    • (f) transport children into the U.S. for immoral purposes
    • (g) transport women into the U.S. for immoral purposes [also known as violating the Mann Act]
    Those who disagree, say:
    Trial attorney Lee Armstong said that the employee had engaged in "repulsive ... disgusting behavior," but nothing illegal occurred because the entire scenario was a sham.

"For aiding and abetting tax evasion, for aiding and abetting child prostitution ... you need the actual crime," said Armstrong, an attorney for Jones Day in New York. "That's what's missing here."

Armstrong said that the videotape appeared to show the ACORN official hatching a conspiracy, but no violation occurred because the 25-year-old filmmaker was only "pretending" to be a 25-year-old pimp.

"You need an actual agreement between two people to commit a crime. If one person is just faking it, you don't have a meeting of the minds, you don't have a conspiracy," Armstrong told FOX News. "How do you clap with one hand?"

• (h) impair the welfare of minors.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    its stunning to me that people can STILL, after all the fraud, conspiracy, flagarant law breaking, etc, etc, stick up for this criminal organization, and everytime something comes up that is completely damning, they say "oh, it's just one small group"....

All I know is, if a "small group" of NRA directors was trying to import illegal rocket launchers and automatic rifles from Mexico, you'd have guys like huskyfan calling for the disbandment and prosecution of NRA leadership.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    Do the actions of a few make the entire organization corrupt?

With all the coverage the "Birthers" got on the news, I would say yes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit
    With all the coverage the "Birthers" got on the news, I would say yes.
    What do birthers have to do with corruption?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What do birthers have to do with corruption?
    The media pretty much had 24/7 coverage on the Birthers, trying to make it look like the Conservatives were all that crazy. They're no different than Fox.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The media pretty much had 24/7 coverage on the Birthers, trying to make it look like the Conservatives were all that crazy. They're no different than Fox.
    Why did you quote my statement about corruption?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why did you quote my statement about corruption?
    Because you're saying that Fox is wrong for claiming a few bad members makes the entire organization corrupt.

When the liberal media claimed that Birthers make all Republicans crazy, it was the same thing.

Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt314159
    How many more ACORN workers attempting to help further illegal activities is it going to take for you to realize that something is very wrong with this organization?
    You have just described the inevitable byproduct at any company and all forms of government.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Because you're saying that Fox is wrong for claiming a few bad members makes the entire organization corrupt.

When the liberal media claimed that Birthers make all Republicans crazy, it was the same thing.
    The only time I mentioned Fox is when I mentioned their spin on the $8 billion.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast