Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anyone leaving AT&T for T-Mobile (for N900 3G)?

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    I probably use the N900 as my main device since I have T-Mobile but I will keep the TP2 as my backup phone. In case, the juice runs out on the N900, I can swap SIM to the TP2 and still enjoy 3G.
    I'm on the same boat with you.
    TP2 can do things on both, without sacrifice anything.
    I am still unsure should I get Pharos though.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    N97, E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ming387
    I was having a tough time with the N900's release, but I finally made up my mind to stay with AT&T.

My assumption is that the N900 is a one off incident and I don't expect Nokia to be releasing too many more high end phones on the 1700/2100 bands.

That being said, I am still getting the N900 and going to be using it with the E71 US 3G Version on AT&T with the massive 1500mah battery. I can continue to keep my cheap data plan but will be carrying 2 devices. If I need to do some heavy data work I can connect the N900 to use the E71's AT&T 3G connection.

Looking at the N900 closely, it's still more like a computer than a phone; which mean voice functions will be a pain to use. I've been doing this before with my N810; but now it's even better because these 2 device compliment each other much better with the 5MP camera.

The E71 will be the ultimate business/communication device; while the N900 will be the best multimedia/computing device.

With these 2 running, I think I may be able to squeeze out 2-3 days of usage on both devices and not worry about battery life.

Anybody else seeing this as well?
    I used to tether my N810 with my E71 using Joikuspot. Boy does the E71 get hot. Just a heads up.

Device(s)
    Nokia Phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2k4
    I used to tether my N810 with my E71 using Joikuspot. Boy does the E71 get hot. Just a heads up.
    Yea, even voice on 3G makes the E71 hot.

I went to the Nokia Store to check if something was wrong with it.

Turns out all batterys get pretty hot when running on 3G; but the one on the e71 is extra hot because of the metal back-cover.
    Past Nokias...
    N97, N96, N95s, N93i, N93, N92, N85, N79, N73
    Surge/6790 AT&T 6650 AT&T, 6120, 5800XM, 5320XM
    Nokia 770, N800, N810
    E90, E71, E61i

Other Phones...
    i8910, RAZR

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Why should you use Joikuspot?
    Except you need to tether with more than one computer, bt can do the job, with up to 1200kbps sustained speed.

Device(s)
    N97, E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Why should you use Joikuspot?
    Except you need to tether with more than one computer, bt can do the job, with up to 1200kbps sustained speed.
    Very true. At the time I felt that bluetooth seemed to be a bit of a bottleneck. Didnt do full test or anything like that though. Would love to try again but 3G over here took a serious dump here in the past year.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Very true. At the time I felt that bluetooth seemed to be a bit of a bottleneck. Didnt do full test or anything like that though. Would love to try again but 3G over here took a serious dump here in the past year.
    So that means that BT isn't a bottleneck anymore.

Device(s)
    N97, E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonesh
    So that means that BT isn't a bottleneck anymore.
    LOL, til i go back to tmobile.

Device(s)
    n900
    Feedback Score
    I'm not switching, i'll just wait for a proper american version of the n900.
    Only issues i have with ATT, is their dumbazz billing department. They screw my bill up at least one or twice a year.
    Their service by me in NJ is probably as good as it gets, tmobiles service here is sketchy at best.

Device(s)
    Samsung SGS II i9100 /Note 2 N7100/Nokia 6126
    Carrier(s)
    ATT since before they went Orange....
    Feedback Score
    Not a chance.......I'll wait and by the time an ATT version is released it should be relatively bug free, and maybe even a new Hardware version ala the N900-4
    SMART PHONE TEST
    ATT since before Cingular
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    GT-N7100

Omega v7.2 JB - 4.1.2 XXDLJ2

Kernel: XXDLJ2
    Modem: XXDLJ2

64GB Sandisk class 6

Ebay-Tombo7777
    Previous, N82,N95-2,N95-4, N97 iPhone 3GS, Captivate, SGSII i9100, ATT Note SGH-i777 Sold $475 Note N7000 Sold $340

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't count on an N900 on AT&T friendly bands. It will depend largely on how much of a mainstream seller it becomes. If not, we may have another E90 on our hands. That's not to say a Maemo device won't end up on 850/1900 in the future. Again, it's going to depend on the success of the device.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8, BBB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone and Telegraph
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heybige
    Obviously, the N900 is a much more powerful device
    Seemingly, that depends on what you mean by powerful. Some things the N97 has over the N900 (AFAIK):
    • Tethering (phone as Bluetooth or USB modem, or WiFi AP)
    • Java 2 Micro-Edition (J2ME): Thousands of applications available at e.g. GetJar.com (e.g. Opera Mini, Salling Clicker, etc).
    • MMS (at least initially, Nokia said they'll add this later).
    • No direct download/installation of software from web sites (need to be done through configured repositories)

Now, what other device do these deficiencies remind you of?

On the other hand:
    and the UI is much more advanced than anything S60, in its current iteration, is likely to achieve.
    Now, that it is!
    Plus, the Linux platform definitely has a much bigger mindshare among developers...

Quote Originally Posted by heybige
    Good call. Depending on how I feel about the N900 (and how fed up I get with AT&T), I may move to TMo - I was thinking about buying the MyTouch and selling it (while sticking with the $25 data plan). I'm thinking now that instead I'll pick up a dumbphone (perhaps the Nokia 5310), either sell it or keep it as a weekend phone, and use the $10 data plan instead.
    Now, did you guys read this thread? It seems that as soon as you put the N900 on their network, they shut down access to your $10/mo plan...

BTW: I have been very happy with AT&T. (Customer service, network, everything). I'll be getting a Nxxx device, but only after it supports UMTS 850/1900.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Backup: N95-3 Red
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can only get around 430K if tethering with BT using my 5800 or N95 on AT&T, but tethering with USB cable can get me more than 700K

Device(s)
    N97, E71
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdull
    I can only get around 430K if tethering with BT using my 5800 or N95 on AT&T, but tethering with USB cable can get me more than 700K
    430 is pretty good. I would never be able to see that on 3g in Manhattan.

On a side note, I was playing With Chanse's n900 on AT&T's 2g, and I was extremely impressed. I may stick with AT&T after all. It loaded Slashdot in no time.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus, N9, Nexus One, N900, ipad
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlorri
    Seemingly, that depends on what you mean by powerful. Some things the N97 has over the N900 (AFAIK):
    • Tethering (phone as Bluetooth or USB modem, or WiFi AP)
    • Java 2 Micro-Edition (J2ME): Thousands of applications available at e.g. GetJar.com (e.g. Opera Mini, Salling Clicker, etc).
    • MMS (at least initially, Nokia said they'll add this later).
    • No direct download/installation of software from web sites (need to be done through configured repositories)

1:The hardware will support Bluetooth, USB or Wifi Tethering. Users will quickly develop software for this.

2:Would you use J2ME on your home PC or your netbook?

3:MMS is important, I agree on this one. Although Email works fine.

4:http://www.gronmayer.com/it/

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i have at&t. i'm planning to get a tmobile flexpay account so i'm not locked to a contract. Anyone else looked into this?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast