Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: AT&T's 3G MicroCell does unlimited calling, but it ain't cheap

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    Sorry, Ive been away from this thread for quite a while:

MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    NID: 4100310
    LAC: 64004
    RAC: 21
    CellID:3
    BSIC: 3911
    Channel:437

Hope this is what you are after.
    Can you also post these numbers when you are NOT connected to your MicroCell, but near your home? I'd like to compare the numbers. Channel 437 is indeed 1900Mhz according to this info.

The FCC ID should be listed on a tag near the serial number. Usually FCC certified devices have an FCC emblem on them along with the ID which is 3-characters, a dash, followed by more characters.
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ... This is evidenced by one of my kids Nokia E51 which does not have 19003G but does have 8503G. His phone never sees the microcell at all and stays on the closest ATT tower. My Bold and my other son's 3G phone both will connect to the microcell. The channel number I see is if 437.
    Have you called customer care and played dumb (about 3G frequency bands) and asked why one of your registered phones will not connect? I don't think their documentation says only 1900Mhz capable 3G phones can be registered/will work with the device.
    Last edited by RenoWirelessGuru; 10-23-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru
    Have you called customer care and played dumb (about 3G frequency bands) and asked why one of your registered phones will not connect? I don't think their documentation says only 1900Mhz capable 3G phones can be registered/will work with the device.
    Nah, its a total non issue for me (him). We actually get a decent, but not stellar 8503G signal in my house, so he can use his E51 just fine. I avoid calling customer care, just dont have the time nor patience.
    Carl

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can you also post these numbers when you are NOT connected to your MicroCell, but near your home? I'd like to compare the numbers. Channel 437 is indeed 1900Mhz according to this info.

The FCC ID should be listed on a tag near the serial number. Usually FCC certified devices have an FCC emblem on them along with the ID which is 3-characters, a dash, followed by more characters.
    Ill have to get you the same info when I am not near a microcell, which usually is when I am driving, since I have one in my office and at my house.

The FCC ID is: MXF-3GFP980217
    Disclaimer: I am old, the microcell is installing in a wiring closet with minimal light so there is no guarantee that I got that ID correct.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Ill have to get you the same info when I am not near a microcell, which usually is when I am driving, since I have one in my office and at my house.

The FCC ID is: MXF-3GFP980217
    Disclaimer: I am old, the microcell is installing in a wiring closet with minimal light so there is no guarantee that I got that ID correct.

What would happen if an Att customer from out of Atlanta, when into an Atlanta ATt store and tried to buy one of the micro cell's?

Also, were you able to tie the purchase to either a commercial or residential account?

Also, how were you made aware the micro cell was available in Atlanta, or at that store?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ...The FCC ID is: MXF-3GFP980217
    Hmm, that FCC ID doesn' t bring up anything. If you get a chance please double-check. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane
    What would happen if an Att customer from out of Atlanta, when into an Atlanta ATt store and tried to buy one of the micro cell's?

Also, were you able to tie the purchase to either a commercial or residential account?

Also, how were you made aware the micro cell was available in Atlanta, or at that store?
    They will sell it to you, then it wont work when you get back home.

It currently only works in the provided areas.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetic1
    They will sell it to you, then it wont work when you get back home.

It currently only works in the provided areas.
    When this beta is over will you be able to use one anywhere in the U.S.A with a valid 911 address? I actually went to a Canton Ga store and picked one up but I dont live in the area that is serviced by the beta. Idiots in the store said I would have no problem getting it to work so I bought it anyways.
    Iphone 4S 64GB Verizon

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    If they want to have limited/controlled coverage then it would make sense to only use 1900Mhz if that is licensed in the area. 1900Mhz is less likely to bleed out of the structure.

The one building I work in which has traditional corporate repeaters also uses only 1900Mhz.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm... what about an area that AT&T only has licensed 850? I seem to remember someone mentioning a couple of areas where that is the case.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry ATL
    Hmmm... what about an area that AT&T only has licensed 850? I seem to remember someone mentioning a couple of areas where that is the case.
    Then they would have no choice but to use 850. It surely wouldn't be the end of the world, and they could use less power to compensate.

That's why I said "only use 1900Mhz if that is licensed in the area".

I'm pretty confident this device supports both 850 and 1900, and will be configured on the fly based on GPS data. They will need to use different channels in each market even within 1900.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have finally given up on the 3G Microcell coming out nationally this year. My contract ends with them in November. Unless I hear anything by then, I will be going to Verizon and getting a Droid.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane

Im pretty sure this would not work. They asked for the service address of where I would use each microcell, and the guy said he was checking to see if the microcelll was available in my area. Also, since the microcell has GPS, I am guessing you can not buy one in Atlanta and use it someplace that ATT is not ready to allow you to use it.

As for how I found out, I just kept checking the ATT microcell web page, where you put in your zipcode and it tells you if the microcell is available or not.

BTW, this thing really works well.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How stupid is ATT, doesnt give me much confidence if this thing ever comes out. Im in California, suburbs of LA, and in a dead area. Not rural by any means, only cell coverage is Sprint, so that's who I stay with. But in the mean time, I still hope for an Iphone and ATT.

I'm sure they could get ten fold the business if they come out with the microcell already since Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile already have their #@&* together. My GF lives at my place, has a Verizon Network extender, works well and does it's job. ATT in the mean time has been in a "trial" basis for what 6 mos to a year. WTF??? C'mon now.....

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm1999
    I have finally given up on the 3G Microcell coming out nationally this year. My contract ends with them in November. Unless I hear anything by then, I will be going to Verizon and getting a Droid.
    My source very close to this project (Project Engineer) told me that for the Chicago area they were looking at 1Q next year for availability. This really is "at&t" at its best!! Gotta love 'em.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast